PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Brown, Willie McGinest, and Ty Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

moss8803

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to which of these former Patriots may rejoin their old team. I don't get the daily batch of information that most of you fans do. And I know it's not about stock piling talent. I'm just curious of any of the three may make it back to the Pats. And also, being a Marshall grad, I like the idea of Troy Brown sticking around in some capacity. Thanks for your responses. If we get one two or three of these defensive guys added with Asante Samuel look out for the Pats in Super Bowl 42.

If we don't get any of them, lookout Superbowl.

If we don't get any of them, lookout Superbowl.

I don't know about you but I'd take back Ty Law with a restructured, cap-friendly contract in a heartbeat. Look at it this way... who would you rather have out there, Ty Law or Tory James?

Problably Brown has the only good chance of coming back. Not like he is a Pats legend though.

Last edited:
I'm just curious as to which of these former Patriots may rejoin their old team. I don't get the daily batch of information that most of you fans do. And I know it's not about stock piling talent. I'm just curious of any of the three may make it back to the Pats. And also, being a Marshall grad, I like the idea of Troy Brown sticking around in some capacity. Thanks for your responses. If we get one two or three of these defensive guys added with Asante Samuel look out for the Pats in Super Bowl 42.
- Troy Brown has re-signed, you may have noticed the thread already. BB said there was a place on the team for Troy if he came back, it will be interesting to see how he is used, but locker room leader is unquestionably one of them.
- Willie McGinest may come back for one more year someday if he's willing to take vet minimum and play a reserve role, at the moment he's making a lot of money to try and set an example for Cleveburgh's developing players.
- Ty Law is the least likely to return in my mind, he's hitched his wagon to Herm and his bid for top $$$$ R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

I hope it's Willy.
His contributions to our Championship teams
demand he retire a Patriot.

I don't know about you but I'd take back Ty Law with a restructured, cap-friendly contract in a heartbeat. Look at it this way... who would you rather have out there, Ty Law or Tory James?

Are they similar in age or is James older?

I'm sorry, for a second I just thought I woke up in 2001.

I would kill for Ty Law to come back in a Patriots uniform. Even if he's but a shell of his former self, I'd feel comfortable with him on the roster. You can forget about it though. He's not coming back nor is McGinest. It's probably going to be Chad Brown, who was a nonfactor the last time he was on the team.

We should sign Law for one game contracts everytime we play the colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back