PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Brown spotted with a cast on his hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's rumored to have the same injury as Bruschi. Please don't ask me where the link is but there was one.

MrTibbs said:
He's rumored to have the same injury as Bruschi. Please don't ask me where the link is but there was one.

PFW in Progress said that.

IR, this is Chad. Chad, this is the IR.

The same type of injury?? Worse?? Maybe IR although I do NOT think so...More likely..cut...to join the shadow roster and return later in the season...

i start to think that Chad Brown and Monty Beisel could be cut both

allready on 29 august ?

TNPatsFan said:
IR, this is Chad. Chad, this is the IR.

What's the point of doing that? You'd lose him for the season, when the injury is probably only going to knock him out a month or two. He's already been out 3 weeks. Since his career most likely is done after this year, why would you put him on I.R.?

Just cut him, no other teams will pick him, his injury, and his age up. Bring him back if needed when he's healthy.

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
The same type of injury?? Worse?? Maybe IR although I do NOT think so...More likely..cut...to join the shadow roster and return later in the season...

I've been pondering IR vs. injury settlements. In the case of a coveted player with a multi-year contract, it's a no-brainer. In the case of an injury that requires 9 months of rehab, it's also a no-brainer. But for a guy like Brown, shouldn't both sides prefer a cut with an injury settlement in the amount of his full IR salary? Wouldn't that allow them to re-sign the player once he's healthy, giving the team some valuable shadow depth and the player a chance to get back on the field and increase his earnings? What's the downside?

pats1 said:
What's the point of doing that? You'd lose him for the season, when the injury is probably only going to knock him out a month or two. He's already been out 3 weeks. Since his career most likely is done after this year, why would you put him on I.R.?

Just cut him, no other teams will pick him, his injury, and his age up. Bring him back if needed when he's healthy.

Because you generally can't cut someone because they are injured unless you want to pay them an injury settlement.

Last edited by a moderator:
TNPatsFan said:
Because you generally can't cut someone because they are injured unless you want to pay them an injury settlement.
believe that is a cut from IR....Chad is NOT on IR...so he can be cut without any settlement...(I believe)..I know Centers..Akin(?)..McCrary were all cut in 03 due to injury...2 being brought back when healthy.

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
believe that is a cut from IR....Chad is NOT on IR...so he can be cut without any settlement...(I believe)..I know Centers..Akin(?)..McCrary were all cut in 03 due to injury...2 being brought back when healthy.

That's correct.

Just wanIed to be sure... really think this is a good option..allows Brown to recover knowing he can come back...also allows a decision NOT to be made.. I like it...if there is an injury, another will be ready to return. I also think Brown could make an impact if he's in the outside spot..and would LOVE to see him get a shot at it later in the season for the run.

Last edited:
Cut Chad Brown, and he will sign with someone else. Are you really saying that he wouldn't be as valauble to ONE team than their current #53 player, even if they need wait a few weeks? If they sign him after Game One, they take no risk at all.

pats1 said:

mgteich said:
Cut Chad Brown, and he will sign with someone else. Are you really saying that he wouldn't be as valauble to ONE team than their current #53 player, even if they need wait a few weeks? If they sign him after Game One, they take no risk at all.

Given how long he sat on the FA market without a cast on his hand, I'm not at all convinced he'll be scooped up now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back