PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Brown re-signed, Herron waived, 4 workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/09/pats_moves_15.html

September 11, 2007
Pats moves
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

A few personnel items to pass along regarding the Patriots:

The Patriots have waived linebacker David Herron. The team had claimed Herron off waivers from the Vikings earlier this month.

The team has re-signed veteran linebacker Chad Brown today. Brown was with the club in training camp.

The Patriots also continue to keep their emergency lists fresh by working out free agents. On Monday, the team hosted center Dan Connolly, guard Rick DeMulling, tight end Stephen Spach and offensive tackle Barry Stokes.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 05:29:44 PM

Oh god. We're trying out Detroit Lions O-line rejects.

Oh god. We're trying out Detroit Lions O-line rejects.

Russ Hochstein's former team didn't have a great OL.

And interesting re Chad Brown. They must actually envision using him, if not this week, then hypothetically later in the season.

Of course, we're injury-shallow at DE, so it makes sense to add depth either there or at OLB.

Russ Hochstein's former team didn't have a great OL.

And interesting re Chad Brown. They must actually envision using him, if not this week, then hypothetically later in the season.

Of course, we're injury-shallow at DE, so it makes sense to add depth either there or at OLB.

"Not great" isn't the same thing as abysmal.

Besides, DeMulling and Stokes are what they are... worse guards than Damien Woody. Hochstein at least was raw.

Mgtch was totally right about Herron...maybe they saw something they liked and when they got him here, his special teams was worse than poor...and gone. He hit the nail on the head with him..while I thought they were looking at a Lua replacenebt (and maybe the team did as well..) he just didn't have it. Chad Brown might be a good OLB; 3rd guy in...better to have depth than someone who can't even play STms.

OK, the feud with Minny can be forgotten. Chad Brown was cut so that we didn't have to pay him for a full season, unless he is actually on the roster for a full season. He is obviously a much better emergency backup than Herron.
Mays is a much better special teamer than Herron. I hope he gets to stay on the roster.

Mgtch was totally right about Herron...maybe they saw something they liked and when they got him here, his special teams was worse than poor...and gone. He hit the nail on the head with him..while I thought they were looking at a Lua replacenebt (and maybe the team did as well..) he just didn't have it. Chad Brown might be a good OLB; 3rd guy in...better to have depth than someone who can't even play STms.

Last edited:
Why did we just sign Chad Brown?

Did a LB just get injured? Why Brown now?

Re: Why did we just sign Chad Brown?

Evidently, he has photographic memory and knows how to interpret defensive alignment signals.

Because that's why we dropped him for week one. Now his contract isn't guaranteed for the entire year (or something like that). I'm sure Chad knew this from the moment he was released. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Because he likely will be more effective than Colvin. Colvin, in the Jets game, was effectively blocked by everyone assigned to block him, allowed anyone to go around his end, and did not even make the Pats Defensive Stats page. I did not see that Colvin was in the game for nickel and dime packages. I would venture that BB when reviewing the tape of the game, saw the same thing, thus Brown. I would also expect that we will see a lot more of Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes