PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad and Eddie Jackson activated; Ventrone released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassanova792

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Just heard it on weei

I dont know about you but im pretty excited!

Re: Chad Jackson activated

Yep. Lovely to hear.

How do we field formations with 6 wideouts?

How do we field formations with 6 wideouts?

Well judging by his playing time, Washington isn't seen as a viable 5th receiver. Hopefully Jackson gives us that, so there's no more Heath Evans split out wide.

Moss
Stallworth
Welker
Watson
Jackson

Speed kills

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/11/action_jacksons.html

November 7, 2007
Action Jacksons
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Patriots made it official today, activating receiver Chad Jackson and cornerback Eddie Jackson off the physically unable to perform list.

The team released safety Ray Ventrone to make room on the roster.

The Patriots are now full on their 53-man roster. Ventrone has practice squad eligibility and could return to the practice squad if he clears waivers.

Today was the final day of the 21-day window the Patriots had to make a decision on both Chad Jackson and Eddie Jackson. Both players opened the year on the PUP list, recovering from knee injuries.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 04:39:13 PM

hell be inactive every game except if a injury occurs, if he coulnt crack last years line up i highly doubt hell crack this years, hes insurance and nothing more

Moss
Stallworth
Welker
Watson
Jackson

Speed kills

That's just amazingly fast speed. Good luck trying to stop them.

Hallelujah! May this be the beginning of long and successful Patriot career. Hopefully the kid is more mature after going through adversity, and ready to show his awesome athletic ability on the field.

hell be inactive every game except if a injury occurs, if he coulnt crack last years line up i highly doubt hell crack this years, hes insurance and nothing more

I think he was injured most of the season, plus he was still a rookie.

This year, Moss has taken Jackson under his wing and from what i heard, has learned alot under his tutorship. Jackson will be a huge threat if he stays healthy

You think? My impression from BB's quotes and elsewhere is that he's taking things much more seriously this year as opposed to last year, which was sort of his big problem. With his considerable talent, if he's working at it too I don't think we'd want to relegate that to insurance status.

nice, I hope he takes kick returning duties for Hobbs.

Still do not know how he will fit in, seems as though our depth and quality may prohibit meaningful playing time.. otoh good luck, hope he can help..

So what does this mean for Troy Brown? I guess we have until the week we play the Ravens to make that decision.

ever think that he couldnt crack lineup because he didnt know h is playbook? Ever think that with all the time off..he probably did study the plays like he said he did?

EJ may be ST and insurance in case Mitchell is still injured...plus he plays corner as well.. ChadJ may be used later in the year..speed!!! Washington on ST is solid as well..so?? Troy will be back in a few as well..remember there are always possibilities of injuries...

my take on last season is that he couldn't handle the playbook, he was acting like a kid, and he was injured. I really hope BB finds a way to work him into the offense this year, he did show some flashes last season. he'll probably get some of Gaffs reps

I think he was injured most of the season, plus he was still a rookie.

This year, Moss has taken Jackson under his wing and from what i heard, has learned alot under his tutorship. Jackson will be a huge threat if he stays healthy

I wonder if Moss has taught him how to catch one-handed?? Actually, it looks to me like that when it gets to "running up the score time" we will see a lot more of Gaffney/Washington/Jackson and a lot less of Moss/Welker/Stallworth. And this is so we have quality depth and can keep fresh bodys on the field the next time we meet the Rolts(Referrees and Colts).

Well the signing of Jackson will determine the future of Stallworth. If Jackson plays well this season, than Stallworth will be traded or cut to make room for cap space. From what i heard, BB is giving Troy a chance to play because of his history with the team and contributions, but his age and lack of playing time this season is seriously negating his chance to make the roster. However, Troy does bring versatility in that he can play WR, CB and Kick Returner. He will be a big asset in case a key player is injured. So we shall see how good he is during the 21 days.

With the Jackson activation, Gaffney will be playing less. Jackson will make his start in Buffalo as a kick returner and play the majority of the snaps in place of Gaffney.

hoorah love dem jacksons look for a big game from chad against buff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back