PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cha chung

Revman

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Patrick Chung will most likely win a starting role for the opener. He should be the most impactful of all of the rookies. We could be looking at a rookie of the year type candidate. Similar to Mayo last year. Silent but deadly.

Starting in the opener? Only as an injury replacement - BB doesn't like to put that kind of burden on his rookies too often.

Any good reason why he will be starting out the gates? Or why he may be a strong DEF ROY candidate? Saunders is still on the team right?

I can actually see Chung starting... just not the opener. I hope you guys (and the writer who ranked him as an impact "under-the-radar-dude") are right and that he plays significant minutes early.

I think it bodes well for Patrick Chung that Bill took him before taking Bulter and Brace. There was a lot of speculation about the love affair, so to speak, he had with Butler up at UConn, so one would suppose that other teams knew that he was bound to go at one of the Pats second round picks. When he didn't go at Chung's spot, then I'm surprised another team didn't jump on him with the next pick. Same goes when Brace was selected.

Face it, rookies need to earn their time through special teams. Chung should be no different, especially with an experience veteran in place in Sanders. That isn't taking anything away from Chung, who I expect is an asset on special teams due to his speed and intensity. I think we need to hold off our ROY predictions till a player gets into game situations because training camp is far from the real deal.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back