Welcome to PatsFans.com

CFR's climate solution

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

http://www.cfr.org/content/thinktank/GeoEng_Jan2709.pdf

ummmmmm......

read this, and it kinda scares the poo out of me for a few reasons....pretty obvious ones, but I wanted to post this and see what y'all thought before I jump in....

Geoengineering Strategies

Among all geoengineering schemes, those currently considered most feasible involve increasing the planetary albedo, that is, reflecting more sunlight back into space before it can be absorbed. There are a number of different methods that could be used to increase the planet’s reflectivity:

1. Add more small reflecting particles in the upper part of the atmosphere (the stratosphere which is located between 15 and 50 kilometers above the Earth’s surface).

2. Add more clouds in the lower part of the atmosphere (the troposphere)

3. Place various kinds of reflecting objects in space either near the earth or at a stable location between the earth and the sun.

4. Change large portions of the planet’s land cover from things that are dark (absorbing) such as trees to things that are light (reflecting) such as open snowcover or grasses.

anything stike you as "odd" about this?
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +666 / 2 / -9

It's getting to the point that the arrogant Screwball bastards are actually going to try and Fight Mother Nature.

Nothing drives a loony liberal nuttier than to realize that a lightning bolt started a forest fire, not being able to blame America & The Bush family drives them insane.

The Loon & The Seal:
    The loons find a dying Seal on the beach, the Seal wants to die it's his time to go to Sealy Heaven but these friggin liberal loons are determined to Change Nature, they will not allow this Seal to die, they know best.
    They pour water all over Mr Seal they kill a poor little fish and then one of the kooks rams the fish down Sealy's throat, oh boy, Sealy moved a flipper, the loons all hug and kiss each other some of them are masturbating.

The dip sh!ts load sealy into a boat and take him way out in the the ocean, on the trip out all the f---ing saps are singing "we shall overcome" finally they all take turns kissing Mr Seal on his mouth then they throw him over the side, some of the loons are crying, the Seal disappears, the loons head back in, then, holy sh!t, Mother Nature decides to get in on this, a Killer Whale the size of school bus comes flying out of the water and he's got Mr Seal in his mouth, blood a guts start slopping all over the Loon Boat the Whale gives a good shake and bites Mr Seals head off, Mr Seals head goes flying up in the air and then lands right in the Loon Boat, the loons are screaming, pi$sing and sh!tting in their pants and jumping overboard, The Whale shakes his head rinses his mouth and dives for the bottom for a nap, Mr Seals head is smiling, he got what he wanted in the first place, "he's dead".

Mother Nature Is The Loons Worst Enemy.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

just a heads up Harry....

You know the Council on Foreign Relations is a conservative...*cough*....think tank...right?

notice the word "More" in rule 1....

notice how they will also be "creating clouds"
  4. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -3

#24 Jersey

Chemtrails, anyone?
  5. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

How awesome would it be to be able to actually control Mother Nature, at least to some degree. Be able to somehow create certain phenomenon using the mega satellites we have now, be able to somehow mess with the atmosphere just enough to create some kind of disturbance that done at just the right time...?

Being able to manipulate the weather would probably be the ultimate power of all. Think on that one for awhile :)
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I can't see how any of these except the first. 1. Add more small reflecting particles in the upper part of the atmosphere (the stratosphere which is located between 15 and 50 kilometers above the Earth’s surface) is viable.

Thats how volcanic activity cools the climate, reflects sunlight back

Right now i'm fried so i don't know what you mean by "obvious reasons to be scared" other than overdoing it.
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Well since CO2 doesn't drive the planetary climate this is all Bulls**t.

The planet is currently beginning a cooling cycle, which is potentially far more of a problem that modest temp increases (which are on the whole benficial).

[​IMG]

This is a picture of solar activity today...there is none. This has been going on for a couple of years, this is why the temps have been flat/declining since 1998 even though lots more CO2 is in the atmosphere.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +666 / 2 / -9

Right wing bastards..........:)

I was drinking out in my yard around 3AM on the 4th of July by a campfire, I was all alone, it started snowing.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What color was the snow and did you save any mushrooms for me?