Welcome to PatsFans.com

CEO of Japan Airlines cuts own payrate to below pilot salaries (video)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Nov 21, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +895 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Now THAT'S a CEO. Undoubtably a guy that I would love to work for.
  3. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

This is a typical business practice for large Japanese companies - for any scandal, crisis, etc. the CEO often steps down, gets "fired," or takes a pay-cut in the interest of protecting the company and its employees.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Nice gesture but a few huge salaries aren't what bring the companies down.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I don't agree. When the other workers see the top brass raking in the salaries, hand over fist, the usual reaction is: "Hey, where's mine???" This is precisely the rationale the UAW (and other unions) use when they go into negotiations. They say, "Well, look, your top guys are making multi-millions, and you know you wouldn't be making a dime without the people on the line producing the product, so pay us what we want or you can live off your savings; we're shutting things down."

The Japanese, by contrast, have virtually ZERO labor union issues -- many industries have no unions at all -- because the top executives live by the code of honor that says: "if the whole company is not doing well, then I should not do well because I am a part of the whole, in fact I'm the LEADER of this enterprise, so I must set the example."

That's an attitude that I support 1000%. If American companies operated with that kind of ethic we could become the very best in the world once again. We wouldn't need to import so much from China, Japan, South Korea, and the rest of Asia/the world. We could become a country that EXPORTS to others once again. The national debt would shrink, and America would be in a far more stable situation, both economically and also in terms of more harmonized relations with other nations.

//
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Shameless bump.....

//