Welcome to PatsFans.com

Censorship-Shut Them Up-Nazi Commies

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Left Wing Tolerance, & Jealousy:
    The people want and listen to Talk Radio, the Left Wing knows this so the Left Wing tried out their little talk radio shows, they failed miserablly, nobody listened to them, the people turned them off.

The Cry Baby's Solution:
    The free speech people, the freedom people, the civil rights whiners, now these phony's want Right Wing Talk Shows "Shut Down", they want Talk Radio gone because nobody wants to listen to their communist sh!t, if they can't win the game then they don't want the game played, cancell the game.

Nazi Censorship, Hateful Scumbag Bastards (if you don't let me win stop the game).
    http://thinkprogress.org/2007/06/20/radio-report
  2. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Run, Run for your lives! It's Fox News!
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This is where this whole thing is headed, you know. Those who think they are "just so smart, infinitely smarter than anyone else who doesn't agree with them, attend their brie and wine parties, hang at the Hamptons" -- or their wannabes -- want to eliminate all free speech. They want to shut down talk radio. They want to eliminate all competition from "imperialistic" "P'sOS", as they like to call it.

It's a culture war, for certain.

And isn't it so strange that those who complain the loudest about war (Vietnam, Iraq, etc.) are the ones who are ready to use all manner of lying, slandering, character assassination, even force of weapons to show how much they "love peace"?? George Orwell warned us.

//
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Harry, be careful reading sites like ThinkProgress. It may corrupt you.

At any rate, how do you think ownership divesity represents censorship? Or how does restricting national companies to 5% of a given market and local companies to 10% of that market, how does that represent censorship?

It's not censorship, Harry, and it's certainly not Nazi.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

I am confident that you all heard the words of Trent Lott this week, when he made some disengenuous comments about talk radio.. Rush has a link on his
    website.. Rush feels he is being demonized, it all about the ratings baby, now isn't it???

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_061507/content/01125106.guest.html

RUSH: I want to spend a little time here on Trent Lott's comment that talk radio is running the country. What is talk radio? Talk radio is the greatest democratic forum in the country today. It is truly diverse. There are more ideas, there's more back and forth, there's more so-called diversity. There are all kinds of great things to say about it. Talk radio is the American voter. I bet most of the people who listen to talk radio are voters. That's what bothers Trent Lott. Well, who should be running the country? I don't mean making the day-to-day decisions, but go look at our founding documents, and all that jibber-jabba about governing with the consent of the governed. This is a battle between Washington and the people now. This amnesty bill, when you strip away all of the extraneous stuff this is a battle between Washington and the people, and they know it. So you got a Republican talking about talk radio the way liberals talk about talk radio, which tells you (it tells me) what the real objective of most elected officials in Washington is anyway. It's to perpetuate themselves and their jobs and to spend money and maybe not -- well, yes. It would be in that order. The reason talk radio is "running the country" is because the people who are voters in this country are listening and involved and are passionate. Talk radio may be informing you, but it's not making you a robot, and you're taking action on your own, and these blowhards in Washington are hearing from you, the American people, and that's what bothers them -- and we are being blamed for you being informed, and that should tell you something.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Trent Lott: "Talk radio is running the country. We're going to have to deal with that problem," he said. You need to really think about that. Well what is he talking about? The people that he's actually complaining and whining about now are the ones that tried to defend him when everybody else was throwing him overboard when he made those joking comments at a tribute to Strom Thurmond. Folks, I want you to think of something. The notion that people freely expressing their opinions on radio is a "problem," should scare every one of us that loves liberty. The notion that people freely expressing their opinions in e-mails and phone calls to their elected representatives is a problem should scare every single person who loves liberty. This is the exact sort of thing -- people expressing their opinions is a problem -- that gave us McCain-Feingold, a government signed, government passed and the president signed assault on free speech, the First Amendment, during campaigns. Trent Lott is a Republican. He has thrown his hat in with John McCain on this because McCain defended him, too, during that episode.

You know, I was kind of surprised because Lott loves to stick it to President Bush any time he can because of the White House lack of support for Lott during the Strom Thurmond thing. So the bottom line here is that this is frightening stuff. I mean, it's one thing to hear it from liberals and Democrats. We hear this from them all the time. But the idea that a Republican now joins this mind-set -- and believe me, I don't actually think he's the only one. You're good little voters when you sit out there and just shut up. Show up on Election Day. Send your money in. Send in your donations. But you're getting uppity out there, folks, when you start telling them how to do their jobs. By the way, the latest Rasmussen poll -- they're still going to try to bring this thing back -- 20% of the American people support the bill. Only 20% want this. Pure and simple, it's only 20%. "They prefer smaller steps," this is a Rasmussen poll, "with the focus on enforcement." They're working overtime to bring this back and get it done. Oh, you gotta listen to Dingy Harry here. This was this morning on the Senate floor. Listen to this.
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Nobody makes the people listen to talk radio, they choose to listen.

"I'ts not censorship, it's not Nazi"
    Whatwas the first thing the Nazis did when they heard something they didn't like, "Censor It"
    :bricks:
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

So Trent Lott's comments about talk radio ruining the country should be ignored, thought he was one of the spokesmen for the right???
  9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Not ignored but taken with a grain of salt perhaps. His motives may be less the genuine. Do you believe talk radio should be controlled? What about TV? Should all the media be required to have equal time for opposing view points? I think if it's done to radio then the rest of the media should follow suit. I dion't believe the left would want any part of that in the Newspaper or TV industies though.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

This is a contrast with the original post about liberals, however a stalwart of the right is claiming that talk radio is ruining the country. I do not espouse a point of view here, just some balance that the concern about the RW dominance of the airwaves is an issue shared by people other than the liberal community.
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

oh, by the way.... Rupert is under investigation for his business practices...
  12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is one of the most frightening attacks on American freedom to come down the pike in quite a while.
  13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If liberals want balance on the airwaves, then they should start their own radio station and their own radio programs that present a left wing slant.

Whoops..!! They already tried to do that and it was an abysmal failure..!!

So now the liberals are turning to the government to force fewer conservative radio shows from being aired. This is nothing short of censorship, pure and simple. Anyone that supports this should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. How do scumbags like that actually sleep at night..?
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

The RIGHT also has it's a$s holes, here's three more Susan Collins, Olympia "Pizza Waitress" Snowe and Crazy McCain.
  15. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

That reminds me of a something I heard at a seminar once that is sort of an anology to that It went something like this: "There are some people that want to have the biggest bulding in town. You can get it two ways. You can go around and knock everyones down that are bigger than yours or you can just build the biggest one". We see the liberal approach, don't we?
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What you described is essentially the thinking of the old communists of the Soviet Union, especially. Whenever they couldn't build something better than someone else they would simply go out and destroy what someone had built.

Their motto was: Don't improve yourself, go out and kill the competition. Literally.

Fortunately, people eventually caught on and their house of cards fell crashing to the ground. Or, a big chunk of it did, anyway. Some holdouts persist.

//
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Does any of this have anything to say about the familiar phrase, Main Stream Media.. except that the view of the MSM as liberal is not.
  18. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That is a fantastic analogy of the liberal train of thought, and in more ways than just this one debate about the radio airwaves.
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

I'm not sure I'm following your point here? Trent Lott *****ed about talk radio because talk radio is vehemently opposed to his Amnesty Bill. This is the problem when you get into right versus left, or blind patronage of a party. If Rush, or others in Talk radio were supportive of Amnesty, Trent Lott, that POS, wouldn't have uttered a word. Lott should stick to making stupid jokes at elderly birthday parties. Mind you, I despise people like Rush.
  20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

Are you trying to equate a call in talk show, to the MSM? They are not the same. If you live around Boston, you know that WRKO, and WBZ, are not the same. One is talk radio, the other is news radio. TV shows aren't 4 hours shows where viewers, i.e. the public, call in and express their views. Instead, they have views expressed to them. Also, people need to understand the difference between a specific show/host on TV, and/versus the stations actual news reporting.