PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics vs Lakers game 6 thread

a friend of mine went to see tom petty last friday night at the garden. she said every time he finished a song the crowd started with beat LA beat LA. she said it went on all night long. she said it was crazy . even on the way out of the show it was beat LA beat LA.

Its almost like every sporting or concert in New England, someone starts the "Yankees Suck" chant and it goes on and on....gotta love it!! :rocker:

Games 1 & 2 showed the two teams feeling each other out, with the Celts getting the upper hand. Game 3 showed the first real strategy shift with Kobe playing off Rondo, acting as a floater. Game 4 showed Doc stabilizing on a lineup to beat that defense with House and Posey playing with the Big 3. Using that lineup, the Celts overcame deficits of 24 and 20 in game 4 and 19 and 14 in game 5. To their credit, the Lakers were able to hold on late in game 5 despite having trouble against that lineup.

Now the Lakers have to win 2 more, on the road, against a lineup they didn't fare well against in LA. The Lakers' bench has been outplayed the entire series, moreso in the first two games in Boston. Will the young guys on LA shrink on the road again? Will Odom disappear for long stretches, especially on the road, again? Gasol played great in game 5, but he did that without having to bang bodies with Perkins half the time; Will he be able to play a strong 4th quarter if Perk comes back for game 6 or 7?

The Celts had some great stretches of defense in games 4 and 5 to get back into games. Those great runs keyed by defense were met with silence by the LA fans. Imagine those runs being met with loud cheers to remind the Lakers each time of their failures each time down the court. The Celts are going to feed off the home crowd and the Lakers are going to wilt, especially guys like Odom, Vujacic and Radmanovich.

My only concern in game 6 is if the Celts, especially Paul "48 mins" Pierce, are a bit gassed with the short turnaround time between games and the cross-country flight (west-to-east...the worst kind). Even then, they should be fully acclimated for game 7 if need be.

Regards,
Chris

Finish It!!!!!!!

2 more hours.

Fun math fact: 18-1 = 17

If the celts give up 35-40 points at home in the first quarter then they deserve to lose.

I don't see that happening. If anything I see KG passing out from being so pumped and full of adrenaline.

If the celts give up 35-40 points at home in the first quarter then they deserve to lose.

I don't see that happening. If anything I see KG passing out from being so pumped and full of adrenaline.

well..every game doc talks about a fast start and they end up being behind. it seems they are too excited and let too many transition pts to score instead of trying to slow it down and score efficiently.

Nice....Very nice...

Whenever someone brings 18-1 up again, just simply reply with a "=17".

j7azbm.jpg

I was nervous for the SB.

I am jacked up for this game.

I've had Ayo Technology (without the words) playing on repeat for the past hour and it will continue until the tip.

Go Celtics!!!:rocker:

Under a hour to go!

i am one nervous bastard. they must win this game or i will lose my mind :mad:

Ugh. I'm so nervous. But excited:D

Fun idea for the night: Take the lead in the 1st half!

Lets see how their legs hold up after the debaucle that was yesterday. Pierce looks loose and happy. Allen is a concern because he prepares so meticulously and he's been on a roller coaster since Sunday night. Perkins says he will play but is concerned about his shoulder being reinjured...not usually a good scenario for agressive play. KG really needs to step it up on both ends of the court. And Rondo needs one of his exceptional home games.

They were a half dozen uncharacteristicly crappy plays away from ending this thing Sunday night. They gave the Fakers life. Time to stick the dagger in 'em.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back