PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics vs Lakers game 6 thread

9 of 10 EasterbrookSPN "experts" picked the "much better!!!!" Wakers...love seeing them get five tons of rotting stinking crow meat shoved down their throats.

Wilbon is the man, immideatly once the series began he flat out admitted the Celtics are a much better team. Tonight he said they weren't just a better team, they were a WAY better team.

After all those years together, too bad Antoine Walker couldn't have joined in on the fun. Yeah, I know there's no way it would have worked out with him on the team too, but when I see Pierce winning after all these years I 'd like to see Walker hoisting the trophy in the green and white too.

Wilbon is the man, immideatly once the series began he flat out admitted the Celtics are a much better team. Tonight he said they weren't just a better team, they were a WAY better team.

I liked when fat Mike Wilbon said, "I'm not going to waste time talking about what the Lakers COULD have done because the Celtics were demonstratively the better team."

Yeah, props to the guy for admitting he initially picked the team that ended up losing. A lot of others would bury that pick.

Antoine has a ring, just not with the Celtics, still sad to see that he isn't a Celtic anymore. He loved being a Celtic.

Yeah, props to the guy for admitting he initially picked the team that ended up losing. A lot of others would bury that pick.
Oh well, at least he admitted pretty quickly that the C's were better once they won Game 1.

Oh well, at least he admitted pretty quickly that the C's were better once they won Game 1.

And now Kobe can feel what all the Patriots fans felt.....sad....remorseful.....lost......dead.....:bricks:

And now Kobe can feel what all the Patriots fans felt.....sad....remorseful.....lost......dead.....:bricks:

Mentioning the Pats, the sting from the SB is almost entirely gone believe it or not after witnessing this.

iam happy the guys on this board shared a happy ending this yr in the last few weeks after the Arizona debacle.

its amazing how all the pats fans are chatting on the pats forum about the celtics :)

iam happy the guys on this board shared a happy ending this yr in the last few weeks after the Arizona debacle.

its amazing how all the pats fans are chatting on the pats forum about the celtics :)

We are all one!!!

I will say this the Lakers will not win a Championship with this group. No way.

You know what, before tonights game, that was not the opinion or impression that you got from everyone west of Boston. As a matter of fact, they were yapping about how great the Lakers front line is going to be for a long time. Huh, you mean the soft center, or the forward who doesn't show up some nights, or do you mean the unproven youngster who is injured? What makes them think they will even be back next year. I know who will represent the east (dare anyone to pick another team). And if the Lakers do come back and face the Celtics, what will they have improved on? Rajon will have another year at point and be a World Champion point guard. I also think Big Baby will have a larger role next year. Oh hell, I'll go and say it: Repeat.

the pistons and the cavaliers are better then the lakers are .

the pistons and the cavaliers are better then the lakers are .
Hell even the Hawks took us to Game 7 and didn't lose by 40. At least I don't think they did but they came close. POINT IS the Lakers are a bunch of frauds who shouldn't have made it past the WCF in the first place if the Spurs had Ginobli healthy.

Oh those Fakers. Ya know one of the things I loved? Doc outcoaching Phil Jackson BY A LOT. Sorry Phil but you'll NEVER be as good as Red.

Last edited:
Wow! I remember the clincher in '86 when the Celts were up by 28 in the 3rd quarter, then throttled it back and coasted to "only" a 17pt win. I never thought I'd see a clincher top that domination.

If game 4 didn't settle the issue, game 6 sure did: Kobe != Jordan. You know that's killing him.

LOL at Odom driving strong to the hoop and drawing fouls after being down by 30. Way to bring your game when it counts, loser.

Unsung heroes of the series: House and Posey. When they played with the Big 3, LA had no answer for that lineup. That lineup stole game 4 and came real close to winning game 5. That lineup also broke the game open in the 2nd quarter of game 6, stretching the 3pt lead to 9 and you could see the air dispell from the Lakers.

Thank you, Celtics, for an enjoyable ride. The 66-16 regular season was an unexpected treat. The first two rounds of the playoffs was tough to take at times, but a couple of game 7s in Boston is always something to remember, especially the Pierce/Lebron duel. The wins in Detroit really showed that this team was getting it all together at the right time and that clearly showed against an overmatched Lakers team. Enjoy your title. You earned it.

Regards,
Chris

You know what, before tonights game, that was not the opinion or impression that you got from everyone west of Boston. As a matter of fact, they were yapping about how great the Lakers front line is going to be for a long time. Huh, you mean the soft center, or the forward who doesn't show up some nights, or do you mean the unproven youngster who is injured? What makes them think they will even be back next year. I know who will represent the east (dare anyone to pick another team). And if the Lakers do come back and face the Celtics, what will they have improved on? Rajon will have another year at point and be a World Champion point guard. I also think Big Baby will have a larger role next year. Oh hell, I'll go and say it: Repeat.

Very true, I'd say next season that New Orleans, Utah and maybe even Portland will be better then LA next year. Soft teams like the Lakers do not last in any sport very long it just takes someone to expose them. See the Rams as an example.

Don't say it yet. Everyone thought my Heat were going to repeat too. Two years later, and they are in the toilet of the league. Hell, even in 2006 they were mediocre at best. Don't be suprised if the Celts get fat and sassy in the offseason. Personally, I don't think they will. The only team I see challenging them in the East are Orlando and Cleveland since it looks like the Pistons are on the verge of being broken up. Hopefully the Heat are in postseason contention as well next year. :mad:

Fun part was being at the Sox-Phillies game in Philly with about 5,000+ Red Sox fans. By the 7th inning when the Celts game started, people were checking their scores on PDAs and Treos and relaying them to fellow Bostonians in the crowd......

Made it home for the final 5 minutes and celebration. They are even more bummed here in Philly because they haven't won anything in over 25 years......It galls them even more when a Boston sports team does it.....

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back