PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics vs Cavaliers Series

I also believe that LBJ is playing it up....When he is knocking down shots there is no grimmace or discomfort at all....hmmmmm

When he is missing shots or not playing well then he is grabbing at his elbow and acting like it's because of that....BS

Although if his elbow did hurt a little it probably does hurt alot after that underhanded layup attempt late in game 2 when perkins came right down across his arm with those meathooks he has.....:D

I also believe that LBJ is playing it up....When he is knocking down shots there is no grimmace or discomfort at all....hmmmmm

:yeahthat:
he def. is going to use his non - injured elbow as the reason they lose the series

Last edited:
:yeahthat:
he def. is going to use his non - injured elbow as the reason they lose the series

Will he be able to shake hands with that arm :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

his elbow non injury has been the biggest non story. hopefully after tonit they stop talking about it.
and whats with the celtics awful start ???

Unless Paul Pierce finds his younger legs we're in trouble. Paul is showing the wear and tear of his tough play all these years. Not blaming him ... just an is what it is comment. We'll see how game 4 goes but right now I'd say we're in trouble.:confused:

Well they certainly opened up a can of whoop ass on the Celtics tonight. This is the Celtics this season though, ordinary looking one night and incredible the next night.

Its not just Pierce thats up and down, Ray Allen is the same now too. The big problem is that there is no dependable sixth man. We have five starters and then there is a huge gap after that.

There's no truth to the rumor that the starting 5 for game 5 will be:

Rondo, Rondo, Rondo, Rondo & Rondo.

Kid is amazing ... the deal he signed will now be looked at as a bargain.

The Jekyll and Hyde act continues......

Yup Rondo has been an absolute BEAST. If the Celtics win this series, Rondo will be a major reason why.

He really is a unique player. No comparison really comes to mind.

The bottom line is that he clearly wants to be the best at what he does. I think he's not quite sure of what that exactly is, but when he's "on" he can't be stopped. (That being said, when his teammates aren't effective, it seems like teams can shut him down)

Even though he's not a "pure" point guard and his jump shot still is a work in progress, I was very glad at the time the Celts didn't let him leave... it didn't make sense to me to see them start over and look for a new point guard when they are seemingly so tough to come by.

But at the time I felt he could be replaced if they couldn't agree to terms.

I don't think that anymore.

He's the foundation on which this team will build in the future.

Last edited:
So LeDonna wants top cover Rondo ... and he thinks he can.

Well ... even if he can for a short while that will free up Paul Pierce.

If the Celtics put the effort in - LeDonna won't be shaking hands this year either.

Hahahah i hope so but i dont think Celtics can stick with Lebron.

LeBron's performance tonight was absolutely embarrassing.

Celtics proving everyone wrong, once again. Nice 32 point road win.

they have got to end it thursday. dont give them any life what so ever.

What the hell is going on? I mean seriously what the hell is going on? :D

The roller coaster team known as the Celtics continues

I don't think ANYONE can get a grasp on this team its so inconsistent,one night its a 32 point win,other times they can't come close to winning.

The next game in Boston is a must win,no way do the Celts get a similar effort if they have to head to Cleveland in a game 7 - its now or never take it in game 6 and head to Orlando or probably get beat back in Ohio.

Boomshakalaka!!!
Its clear that when Paul Pierce steps up the team is much, much better. I really love watching that tonight, the second quarter 15 to zip run I think it was just set the whole thing up. Super D and no mention of LeBron's arm.

This team can go out in a whimper in two games or could go all the way and win it.

Last edited:
when they start going one on one they are done. they cant do that anymore they are to old. but when they play with a team first attitude and take what the defense gives them and move the ball around and give max effort on D the sky is the limit.

The roller coaster team known as the Celtics continues

I don't think ANYONE can get a grasp on this team its so inconsistent,one night its a 32 point win,other times they can't come close to winning.

The next game in Boston is a must win,no way do the Celts get a similar effort if they have to head to Cleveland in a game 7 - its now or never take it in game 6 and head to Orlando or probably get beat back in Ohio.

The lack of consistency has been on Defense from what I can tell.

They don't seem to realize how defense opens up offensive opportunities.

They play a game with great defense and put up great offensive numbers. They then think that they can win based on offensive production and let up on the defensive gas pedal.

I think the blowout loss at home when they let their guard down after stealing a win in Cleveland was a nice wake up call. I don't expect a similar letdown Thursday - though that doesn't mean they'll win.

They should go into Thursday's game with your mindset - win now - don't let it go back to Cleveland... but that being said I think they've made it clear that they can win on the road if they play well. So I don't rule out the Celts winning this in 7.

Whether Cleveland has the sack and supporting cast to stop the Celts when THEY are playing well is another matter.

That was very impressive last night. I sincerely hope the Celtics pull it out in Game 6 but I can't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see James having two horrible games in a row.

That was very impressive last night. I sincerely hope the Celtics pull it out in Game 6 but I can't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see James having two horrible games in a row.
the celtics dont need lj to have another bad game to win:rolleyes: he might get his 35 points but that doesnt translate to a cavs win. if lj had a great game in game 5 the cavs lose by 10 instead of 30. you really cant see the celtics winning a game on there home court? cmon.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back