PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics to Sign Marquis Daniels

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Celtics sign Daniels - The Boston Globe
Free agent Marquis Daniels has committed to signing with the Celtics, according to a league source. Daniels, 28, will receive the biannual exception contract worth $1.9 million, unless a sign-and-trade deal can be worked out.

Daniels, expected to be used as a backup for Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, averaged 13.6 points and 4.6 rebounds last season for Indiana. The Pacers declined to exercise their option on Daniels, which would have been worth $7.3 million next season. Daniels, who started his career in Dallas, had also been talking with the Mavericks, Charlotte, Houston, New York, and Orlando.

Celtic forward Brian Scalabrine has been mentioned as a possible part of a sign-and-trade.
dingbat_story_end_icon.gif

Hmm ... I like this ... no more Scal ... even better.;)

the sign and trade would allow the Celtics to pay him more than 1.9 million and less than 3.4 million. does this mean a sign and trade of Big Baby ... I am confused now. :confused2:

Are we signing Daniels to do a sign and trade of Baby for a more legit PF?

Last edited:
The sign and trade would mean that either Scal or one of the other Celtics would go to Indy in exchange for Daniels. Possibly Allen, I think he only has one more year on his contract.

I think Daniels would be a good player off the bench. He can create his own shot and he can slash inside. He can defend pretty well but only when he feels like it. I think I remember hearing Bird call him out in previous years for not giving it his all night in and night out like he is capable of. I think the current roster of the Celtics can get him to buy into the program and work on D.

The sign and trade would mean that either Scal or one of the other Celtics would go to Indy in exchange for Daniels. Possibly Allen, I think he only has one more year on his contract.

I think Daniels would be a good player off the bench. He can create his own shot and he can slash inside. He can defend pretty well but only when he feels like it. I think I remember hearing Bird call him out in previous years for not giving it his all night in and night out like he is capable of. I think the current roster of the Celtics can get him to buy into the program and work on D.

good stuff to hear ... I wasn't aware of him ... seems pretty good for a bench guy and easy game type player to eat up minutes.

WOW Marquis Daniels for either Tony Allen Or Scal(hopefully both), that might be called a steal, big time.

Marquis is going to be a fan favorite guy off the bench this year.
What I like best about him is Doc can really cut the minutes of Pierce and Allen now ... especially when playing weaker teams. It's not that Daniels is a great player - but he's a lot more consistent than what we have had off the bench the last few years.

He's a great all around player...hes got some skills that will prove to be great this season!!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back