Welcome to PatsFans.com

Celtics sign rasheed wallace.

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics Fan Forum' started by captain insano, Jul 5, 2009.

1. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +54 / 1 / -16

#11 Jersey

its a two year mid level exemption deal. i like this move very much. Wallace will be in a good role coming off the bench for kg. i assume Wallace is aware of his role or he wouldn't have signed the contract.
  2. WhiskeyBreath

WhiskeyBreath Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I really like the addition.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Well with KG on his butt I think this will be a good signing.
    does this mean Big Baby moves to SF or is he now a goner?
  4. WhiskeyBreath

WhiskeyBreath Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think a team offers Davis a contract that the Celtics won't want to match.
  5. bigcountry75

bigcountry75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think Big Baby will be back if he's smart. With Powe being let go and them not resigning Mikki Moore hopefully the celts have seen that frontcourt depth is a must in the Eastern Conference and they will offer Big Baby the max contract they are able to. Hopefully Big Baby likes it in boston and sees a chance for another ring right now. He will get his payday as he continues to improve but get as many rings as you can when you have the opportunities. Maybe if he stays on the celts for the next 2 years when all the old guys start retiring they will throw bigger money at him to stay. I love his toughness and work ethic that he brings night in and night out. I think KG has worn on him with that.
  6. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

This is a big signing - Wallace is getting older but could still be a starter, and is choosing, if he's to be believed, to play in a team atmosphere because he wants a ring.

He's a player that might not be on the floor to start a game but could well be on the floor to finish - especially when we need some strong defense - and he's got the size to give Pierce or KG a break without giving up much on defense, and can still score when he needs to.

I don't think this changes anything in terms of the teams pursuit of Grant Hill, another verteran backup with the diversity to give Pierce a break or can play SG - and Hill was healthy all last season too.

Seems to me this team is being built to weather potential injuries (though the Championship still hinges on good health for KG and Pierce come the playoffs) but also to ensure strong defense and fresh bodies late in the game - all of these things were weaknesses of this year's team.
  7. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Awesome news.
  8. JAYHAWKS34

JAYHAWKS34 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

great GM move, nice addition