PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics sign jason terry!!!

wow, great signing!

If confirmed, there goes one issue with bench scoring. If Allen comes back, it's a plug 'n' play like for like rotation.

A PG/SG rotation of Rondo, Bradley, Terry, Allen*, Dooling looks mightily attractive. A FO/CE rotation of Garnett, Pierce, Green*, Sullinger, Melo looks fairly handy.

If a couple of the maybes sign, the Celtics may be in great roster shape leading into 2012/2013.

Last edited:
And with that the backup plan if Ray Allen signs with Miami is in place. I like Terry he can come in and contribute points off the bench in the 6th man role, is a good 3-point shooter and has the playoff experience. Another great thing is unlike Allen, he didn't show any signs of slowing down last season.

And with that the backup plan if Ray Allen signs with Miami is in place. I like Terry he can come in and contribute points off the bench in the 6th man role, is a good 3-point shooter and has the playoff experience. Another great thing is unlike Allen, he didn't show any signs of slowing down last season.
The thing is, if Allen re-signs with the Celtics, assuming an offensive set you can interchange Allen and Terry without losing scoring. Over the course of the season, managing the veterans will be of paramount importance, something Rivers and Ainge appear to have noticed.

If the Celtics go defensive, then the back court of Rondo/Bradley is A+ and assuming Jeff Green signs, you could rotate Green and Pierce. Once more, it's a man management issue.

We're still a little light on at PF, but who knows who we'll sign/retain given the unknown in Sullinger. KG will probably interchange with Melo, and if it comes to it Stiemsma.

As moves go, I'm liking what the Celtics are doing. It appears Ainge is building roster flexibility. The last time the Celtics had great depth on the bench, they won a ring.

Last edited:
they may need allan. avery bradly could be out till December recovering from shoulder surgery according to csn new england.

Ainge is like an NBA version of G Allen with the Redskins.

Doing a good job of getting the most out of future HOF's Garnett and Pierce.

If we can get Allen back it will be a very good off season. I would like to see Bass and Stiemsma back also.

Does anyone think JaJuan Johnson, E'Twaun Moore or Kris Joseph will ever be a factor?

Ainge is like an NBA version of G Allen with the Redskins.

Doing a good job of getting the most out of future HOF's Garnett and Pierce.

If we can get Allen back it will be a very good off season. I would like to see Bass and Stiemsma back also.

Does anyone think JaJuan Johnson, E'Twaun Moore or Kris Joseph will ever be a factor?

Stiemsma?? really? i can live without Stiemsma.

With this move and the excellent draft they just had, the C's appear to be enjoying the best offseason in the NBA.

Stiemsma?? really? i can live without Stiemsma.

Given his injury I thought he played reasonable D and gave them somerevbounding off the bench. He is pretty good reserve IMO.

Looks like the Celtics are pitching the idea of a Terry/Allen backcourt off the bench.

Interesting if Allen decides to come back .. that is one heck of a back court and given that the Celtics have no front court depth the 2nd unit will definitely be a run and gun jump shooting unit.

Looks like the Celtics are pitching the idea of a Terry/Allen backcourt off the bench.

Interesting if Allen decides to come back .. that is one heck of a back court and given that the Celtics have no front court depth the 2nd unit will definitely be a run and gun jump shooting unit.

that would be sweet. terry and allen launching bombs of the bench. fingers crossed.

If the 2nd unit forwards include Sullinger then the Celtics inside presence should be helped given his college rebounding ability. Whether or not that transfers to the pros is yet to be determined.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back