PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics/lakers Game 1!

I thought the same thing after being carried off the field, but it got the job done. That was just the emotional lift the team needed to close out the Game 1.

in today's globe

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

We found one report on ESPN.com late last night that didn’t seem to contain much good news. Here’s an excerpt from Chris Sheridan, who caught Pierce as he was walking to his car after last night’s game:

After the game, Pierce was walking with a pronounced limp as he exited the postgame interview room and headed back to the locker room, but some 45 minutes later the injury was clearly bothering him more.

As he walked to his car, Pierce was still wearing his warm-ups. The snaps along the right side were hanging open, revealing a wrapping of several ace bandages from the bottom of his calf to the top of his thigh, an additional layer of white tape wrapped around the lower half of his hamstring, ending just above his knee.

Pierce's feet moved no more than 12 inches with each step, and as you watched him begin to navigate the four flights of stairs from the locker room level to the players' parking lot, you couldn't help but wonder exactly how much adrenalin had fueled his comeback. The knee injury could also keep him out of Game 2 or, at the very least, reduce his effectiveness.

I thought the same thing after being carried off the field, but it got the job done. That was just the emotional lift the team needed to close out the Game 1.

Holy sheet, when he re-entered the court. Timeout! I don't know if it was over at that point or when he hit two consecutive threes, at the very least it was over when KG slammed home that rebound.

Wow... that was a damn good game. I wanted the C's to just make a jump shot in the last three seconds to hang 100 on them and possibly start a brawl, lol.

That KG monster dunk on the rebound was one of the most exciting plays I've ever seen from a Celtic's player and I've been watching since the 70's era. In a word-awesome!

Holy sheet, when he re-entered the court. Timeout! I don't know if it was over at that point or when he hit two consecutive threes, at the very least it was over when KG slammed home that rebound.

Never said it was over at the point he re-entered. Just saying the team was pumped before, but it was still rather close. When you get your captain returning after what appeared to be a colossal injury, that's got to pump up the team.

That KG monster dunk on the rebound was one of the most exciting plays I've ever seen from a Celtic's player and I've been watching since the 70's era. In a word-awesome!

Seriously, more exciting than Larry Bird gamewinners, stealing from Isiah Thomas. I know dunks are more exciting than other shots, but it was a rather easy play for Garnett. Now if it was this kind of dunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0l_SwY4Pbk I could understand. Regardless of who you root for, that is the kind of dunk that will get everyone off there seats.

What a strange game. It was a huge win for the Celtics. They played well more often than not.

>Early on the Lakers hit EVERYTHING, except for Kobe.
>Kobe did rim some shots in and out.
>The C's really had their way offensively, all night long.
>It seems that Lakers might have a hard time defending the Celtics afterall.
>This is 3 games played between the 3 teams, and 3 games where Kobe has shot mediocre, to poorly (9-21 in one game). Is that coincidence? I sure hope not.
>The C's should dominate the boards in this series.
>Derek Fisher really can shoot it in big games.
>Perkins can't defend high against either Odom, or Gasol. To much foot speed for the pick and roll, or drive to the basket.
>It truly was a tale of two halves for the C's.

>Doc did well, but he almost gave the game away in the 4th quarter. At the very least, he allowed the Lakers to hang around, when he shouldn't have. I hate to complain about Doc, who again, did well overall last night, but this irritated me. My point of contention is the beginning of the 4th quarter. Sam Cassell is what he is. He's going to shoot the ball period. He's not a fascilitator of the offense by any stretch. You can tell when he's made up his mind that he's going to heev it up there. It's when he starts half spinning up by the 3 point line, trying to use a team mate as a pick. Anyhow, he hit shots last night, but he still should not have been in the game at the 9-10 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Jackson took a gamble in leaving Kobe in teh game while the C's rest their regulars over the 3rd to 4th quarter transition. When Kobe finally came out to rest, so too should have Cassell & Posey. Doc left Pierce and Rondo on the bench till the 6 minute mark (or slightly under 6) of the 4th quarter. Why? What was an 8 point lead when Kobe sat, became a 4 point lead when he returned, cuz Doc had Sam in there, who took 2 awful shots. That bothered me cuz had the Celtics lost last night, that 3-4 minute period would have been why. The C's won, so no one will remember.

My concerns going forward are Pierce's knee, and Kobe's shooting. Kobe rimmed a couple of shots last night, and he also looked awful on some others. I'll be interested to see if he was simply off, or if the C's defense really gives him trouble. I'm thinking it's a little more the C's doing. Kobe will shoot better, but I'm not sure he'll shoot great.

Pierce's knee scares me. It's going to be stiffer, and more painful now, than last night. Radmanovich can't cover him at all. That affects Vlad Rad on both ends. A bum knee will hurt that advantage significantly. I hope it's simply some soreness that some treatment, therapy, and creams can make feel good. This is a tight series, and a 60-80% Pierce would be painfull.

What a strange game. It was a huge win for the Celtics. They played well more often than not.

>Early on the Lakers hit EVERYTHING, except for Kobe.
>Kobe did rim some shots in and out.
>The C's really had their way offensively, all night long.
>It seems that Lakers might have a hard time defending the Celtics afterall.
>This is 3 games played between the 3 teams, and 3 games where Kobe has shot mediocre, to poorly (9-21 in one game). Is that coincidence? I sure hope not.
>The C's should dominate the boards in this series.
>Derek Fisher really can shoot it in big games.
>Perkins can't defend high against either Odom, or Gasol. To much foot speed for the pick and roll, or drive to the basket.
>It truly was a tale of two halves for the C's.

>Doc did well, but he almost gave the game away in the 4th quarter. At the very least, he allowed the Lakers to hang around, when he shouldn't have. I hate to complain about Doc, who again, did well overall last night, but this irritated me. My point of contention is the beginning of the 4th quarter. Sam Cassell is what he is. He's going to shoot the ball period. He's not a fascilitator of the offense by any stretch. You can tell when he's made up his mind that he's going to heev it up there. It's when he starts half spinning up by the 3 point line, trying to use a team mate as a pick. Anyhow, he hit shots last night, but he still should not have been in the game at the 9-10 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Jackson took a gamble in leaving Kobe in teh game while the C's rest their regulars over the 3rd to 4th quarter transition. When Kobe finally came out to rest, so too should have Cassell & Posey. Doc left Pierce and Rondo on the bench till the 6 minute mark (or slightly under 6) of the 4th quarter. Why? What was an 8 point lead when Kobe sat, became a 4 point lead when he returned, cuz Doc had Sam in there, who took 2 awful shots. That bothered me cuz had the Celtics lost last night, that 3-4 minute period would have been why. The C's won, so no one will remember.

My concerns going forward are Pierce's knee, and Kobe's shooting. Kobe rimmed a couple of shots last night, and he also looked awful on some others. I'll be interested to see if he was simply off, or if the C's defense really gives him trouble. I'm thinking it's a little more the C's doing. Kobe will shoot better, but I'm not sure he'll shoot great.

Pierce's knee scares me. It's going to be stiffer, and more painful now, than last night. Radmanovich can't cover him at all. That affects Vlad Rad on both ends. A bum knee will hurt that advantage significantly. I hope it's simply some soreness that some treatment, therapy, and creams can make feel good. This is a tight series, and a 60-80% Pierce would be painfull.

Agree re: Pierce's knees. It's only going to get worse in the following days, not better.

Re: Kobe - that's 3 times now the C's have played effective defense against him, he had a few shots rim out, but in general, his shots were well contested, and that's what matters. Likewise, as you say, the Lakers were hitting everything early on. It'll all even out.

What I saw last nite was what I expected: the Celtics offense - after playing the last 13 games against two extremely good defensive teams - being quite effective against a much less talented defense. And on the other end, the C's took care of business as expected, save for a couple little runs here and there by LA.

that's really a stretch:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, forgot about the Bird steal against the Pistons. Oops. I got caught up in the moment. What can I say?:D

It sure did pump me up but I wouldn't call it "the most exciting".
it got me pumped also . but a team with 16 nba championships has a **** load of exciting moments. the triple ot game vs the suns in the finals in 76 had a few all by itself.

ESPN finds a new way to disgust me once again.

On every one of their main shows Friday, the anaylsts argued amongst eachother if Pierce over-reacted during his injury and even possibly faked it.

Disgusting.

ESPN finds a new way to disgust me once again.

On every one of their main shows Friday, the anaylsts argued amongst eachother if Pierce over-reacted during his injury and even possibly faked it.

Disgusting.
You watch ESPN? :rofl:

Until you can find me another 24/7 sports coverage network, yes.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back