PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics Getting Team Concept Down Very Well

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more win Celtics PLEASE just one more

Celtics Getting Team Concept Down Very Well
By: Bob George

Bill Belichick can be seen often at Celtics games. He is usually smiling, and with good reason....

I believe that Doc Rivers is the best coach in Celtics history not named Auerbach. When you consider coaches such as Heinsohn, Russell and Fitch (wasn't a huge KC Jones fan), that covers some territory. I think there are many similarities common to Doc and BB.

Great article BOB!

I can't help believing BB finds how the Celtics are winning to be very
satisfying. Underdogs because most don't understand that the team
concept, implemented and taught by a coach that understands it,
can be the trump card that levels the playing field. Talent is
surely needed but it isn't the only thing.

BB understands this and it is fundamental in his thinking. Team is why
the 2001 PATs beat the greatest show on turf. They believed in each
other and in what they were taught by BB and they became Champions!

The C's believe in each other and what they've been taught by Doc.
I wouldn't be surprised if they win tomorrow and even go on to be
Champions. They got the spirit of a Champion.

Yes it is a different sport but winning principles are the same.

One more win Celtics PLEASE just one more

As much as I would love to see King James end another season in embarassment, I wouldn't
bet even one dollar that the Cs can seal the deal. I wouldn't trust Danny, Doc & the rest
as far as I coud throw them.

It's not them I don't trust, Capn'...it's those refs..this series should already be over

It's not them I don't trust, Capn'...it's those refs..this series should already be over

Yup. Don't care what the scoreboard says, the Celtics won game 2.

As much as I would love to see King James end another season in embarassment, I wouldn't
bet even one dollar that the Cs can seal the deal. I wouldn't trust Danny, Doc & the rest
Any chance I could get a piece of that action?

Good job, good effort.

I believe that Doc Rivers is the best coach in Celtics history not named Auerbach. When you consider coaches such as Heinsohn, Russell and Fitch (wasn't a huge KC Jones fan), that covers some territory. I think there are many similarities common to Doc and http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/images/smilies/mad.gifBB.

Concur. :mad:

KC Jones ~ the Don Zimmer of BasketBall "Coaches." :rolleyes:

The Depth of Talent on the 80's Celts was INSANE. :eek:

But Jones NEVER developed The Bench, and he ran The Big 3 into the DIRT. :mad:

Reminded me a LOT of the 1977/1978 Red Sox, who had an AWESOME bench, before Pedro's Punching Bag traded half of them away and let the other half ROT while he destroyed Butch Hobson's ELBOW and wiped out the REST of the team. :mad:

1 ~ If the Celts had a COACH in the 80's, there's no WAY we don't beat the Lakers in the 1985 Finals...and we probably beat them in 1987, as well, for a FOUR Peat!! :D

2 ~ If the Red Sox had a MANAGER in the 70's, there's no WAY we don't beat the KnickerBockers ~ the team that calls themselves "Yankees" :rolleyes: ~ for the AL East and then win the World Series in 1977 AND 1978. :eek:

3 ~ Hell, for THAT matter, if the Red Sox had anyone but Racists and IDIOTS running the team from 1919 to 1978, there's a bone dry MINIMUM of 11 ~ ELEVEN!! ~ ADDITIONAL World Championships we would've won, in between, just by our team's Owners not being insufferable MORONS. :mad:

But, hey...I'm not BITTER!! :D

Good job, good effort.

:rofl:

AurbnP7CEAAoa-Y.jpg

What do they have to do before you "TRUST" them?
Win the finals?
With your trust or not they will give it their best.
With key players lost and with key players injured playing though a grueling play off schedule they are STILL HERE!
And you got the nerve to suggest a lack of trust .... who are you anyway?

LOL. Since he routinely messes up Patriots news too, I thought this was an appropriate place to post this.

I just heard a clip from Mayor Menino about how this Celtics team has a lot of heart. He mentioned "KJ" and "Hondo" as the heart and soul of the team. You can't make this stuff up.

Go Celtics! Go KJ! Go Hondo!!

C'mon Captain! Have some faith in those stones!!

I freakin' love this Celtics team and their grit and the whole storyline of them outplaying the pompous Heat (in the last 4 games). Been glued to this series. I don't use the word "Epic" much, but man you could hardly script a better feel-good sports movie than the Celtics pulling this off tonight, in the garden...the team everyone wrote off as too old and too tired, 15-17 at the break, against the "not 1, not 2, not..." - this is just too much fun :rocker: Better than '08, if we can go all the way, and the most fun I've had watching basketball since the Bird days.

Hope they get another banner. (BTW, sports trivia question: why does the NBA logo randomly change from year to year on these banners?)

Celticschampionships.jpg

I freakin' love this Celtics team and their grit and the whole storyline of them outplaying the pompous Heat (in the last 4 games). Been glued to this series. I don't use the word "Epic" much, but man you could hardly script a better feel-good sports movie than the Celtics pulling this off tonight, in the garden...the team everyone wrote off as too old and too tired, 15-17 at the break, against the "not 1, not 2, not..." - this is just too much fun :rocker: Better than '08, if we can go all the way, and the most fun I've had watching basketball since the Bird days.

Hope they get another banner. (BTW, sports trivia question: why does the NBA logo randomly change from year to year on these banners?)

Celticschampionships.jpg

Full green - won deciding game on the road.

Full green - won deciding game on the road.

Cool PS, thanks. Can I ask: how'd you know that? I googled it 7 different ways and couldn't find the answer. Though I did find this, which I thought was interesting:

I had noticed the fact myself a few years ago, and although I tried to find a reasonable explanation, I haven't been able yet...

Danny Shaughnessy wrote in his wonderful book Evergreen, "In 1957... Red Auerbach and (owner) Walter Brown contracted New England Flag and Banner Company of Watertown to stitch the first championship banner. It was made of cotton bunting and measured eight feet by twelve feet". When the Celtics won another championship in 1974, new owner of New England Flag Joe Studley found out that the banner blueprint was lost. The plans were eventually found. In the eighties every banner (now made of nylon) cost 475 $ each, a fact that must have made some thieves hungry, since some of the originals were stolen. Then-General Manager Jan Volk said "That's a terrible feeling when you look up and say, 'Oh, my gosh, 1957 is missing'".

So, in all this brouhaha of changes, blueprints lost and thieves, it is quite probable that one day somebody decided to stitch the new banners changing the NBA logo and making it white with the two green half circles on the top and on the bottom.

I hope this helps...

Interesting, though it looks like the guy's theory is wrong.

Boston Celtics: Celtics Banners, nba logos, red auerbach

The Celts HAVE TO win this game tonight and put the Heat away for good.

I don't like their chances in Miami should they have to go to game 7 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes