PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics defeat Spurs, 98-90 improve to 39-9

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Without KG.

:rocker:

That was very impressive beating the Spurs without KG or Perkins.

Boy, I'm lovin' me some big Baby!

Earlier in the year a few other posters and I mentioned that we noticed something about Big Baby that made us believe he could be good/effective at the NBA level. honestly, I only watched part of the NBA draft, and didn't know the C's had landed Davis until afterwards. When I found out they got him in the second round I thought it was a steal. Maybe most people considered him nothing more than a second round talent, but having watched him in college I thought he could develop into a good player.

Last year I thought they should bench Telfair and give Rondo more chances. So, it's especially nice to see him coming along and developing into a good all around player.

Anyways, if Davis and Rondo can continue to develop the C's could have a very good lineup for years to come.

Last edited:
A number of people were trashing Ainge earlier in the year, even questioning his judgement of talent. Not sure if there is a better person to recognize potential then Danny. Big Baby has shown signs of being a great contributor. Rhondo looks better as the season progresses. Did anyone see that rebound he snagged at the end of the game? Not to mention the one he took away in Dallas from Durk to make the game winner. Celtics are playing good ball without Garnett, which gives minutes to developing players and gives us a fresh Garnett after the All-Star game.

I was fortunate to be at the game yesterday...at times the place was rocking but at other times it was quiet.

I am a fan of Rondo...the kid has potential and a desire to improve.

Popovich was quoted in the Herald as saying Rondo is an elite point guard. Duncan called him a great point guard. If those two notice his improvement, that tells you something about how far he has come. Of course, some of his progress can be attributed to Ray Allen and KG.

When Glen Davis was drafted last year, my son said he was the steal of the draft...who knew.

Without KG.

:rocker:

5-2 without KG. That is a nice feat to say the least. Pierce,Allen,Rondo getting the job done with other players like Eddie House filling in the blanks.

Everyone knows it's a players league and coaching isn't as crucial, but Doc Rivers is doing a pretty good job right now.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back