PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics Better Then Last Year

and that some how means the celtics are better this year because posey doesnt start for the hornets:confused: michael cooper used to be the sixth man for the lakers for years. ask larry bird how good he was. are you saying that james posey wasnt a huge part of the celtics last year? you need to watch the games from last years playoffs again to refresh your memory on how good he was.

First, I said Posey was a great player.
Then, you said he could start for a lot of teams.
I asked if he was starting for the Hornets. He's not.
Although, he is a great player, and received a contract which was worth more then his valued, doesn't mean the Celtics were a better team last year. You say they were, and I'm fine with that, I disagree.
This year, Rhondo has improved to an all star level, which gives the team 4 all stars. I'll take that over 3 all stars and a great sub coming off the bench.
Note: the Celtics employed the sixth man on a number of occasions (Havlicek, McHale) but that doesn't mean Posey is a sixth man in that sense. He could probably start for a number of lowly NBA teams just as Leon Powe could. But, both are not starters.

Although, he is a great player, and received a contract which was worth more then his valued, doesn't mean the Celtics were a better team last year. You say they were, and I'm fine with that, I disagree.
This year, Rhondo has improved to an all star level, which gives the team 4 all stars. I'll take that over 3 all stars and a great sub coming off the bench.
Note: the Celtics employed the sixth man on a number of occasions (Havlicek, McHale) but that doesn't mean Posey is a sixth man in that sense. He could probably start for a number of lowly NBA teams just as Leon Powe could. But, both are not starters.

Absolutely. Rondo alone has improved so much that he's on the brink of becoming another Big among the already established 3. His presents on a game to game basis is HUGE, whereas last season it was still important but marginal compared to this season. The Big 3 had everyone breathing down their necks last season with the bench having to do a lot of extra heavy lifting, whereas Rondo is taking a lot of that burden onto his own shoulders this season. He's maturing as a player and his technique and speed cannot be denied. Now, Garnett, Pierce, and Allen are still in a position of deciding games, but when you put Rondo into the mix, it changes the dynamic completely.

Posey was alright, he wasn't a bad weapon to have, but I'll take a more aggressive and confident Rondo that is able to hold his own over Posey's occasional good game anytime.

Heh, I know his type. You learn to deal with people like that over time.

A little is a lot.

big3celebrate_article.jpg
love that sig

why did you ask if posey was starting when you knew he wasnt. whats the point? so posey doesnt start so what. what does that have to do with what celtics team is better? ill take posey a great player and pj brown coming off the bench and the rondo of last year. that was good enough to win a title. you try to marginalize posey to fit your argument. the fact of the matter is posey was huge in the playoffs last year.

Last edited:
why did you ask if posey was starting when you knew he wasnt. whats the point? so posey doesnt start so what. what does that have to do with what celtics team is better? ill take posey a great player and pj brown coming off the bench and the rondo of last year. that was good enough to win a title. you try to marginalize posey to fit your argument. the fact of the matter is posey was huge in the playoffs last year.

You girls remind me of Allen and Rondo jawing at each other down the floor before mom (Pierce) had to break it up LOL Not very composed for a "championship" team if you ask me :D

playing with yourself? -- celtics 27 and 3 ---lakers 23 and 5 says so .:D owned

Celtics' record vs. everyone but LA: 27-2
Celtics' record vs. everyone but LA in last 20 games: 19-0

Celtics' record vs. LA: 0-1

OWNED!

You girls remind me of Allen and Rondo jawing at each other down the floor before mom (Pierce) had to break it up LOL Not very composed for a "championship" team if you ask me :D
celtics 27 and 3 best record in the league -- lakers 23 and 5 . not the best record in the league lmao

Last edited:
whatever helps you sleep at night, crazy boy
celtics best record in the league . the lakers? not the best record in the league. lol not even as good as cleveland lol

Last edited:
celtics best record in the league . the lakers? not the best record in the league.lol

Lakers - beat the Celtics
Celtics - didn't beat the Lakers

I don't even see Boston getting past Cleveland this year - that "best record" will be all for naught :D

Lakers - beat the Celtics
Celtics - didn't beat the Lakers

I don't even see Boston getting past Cleveland this year - that "best record" will be all for naught :D
celtics best record in the league. celtics beat the lakers when it counted to win banner 17[your still wetting your bed and sucking your thumb over that one] :D. lakers won a regular season game at home WOW. LET THE PARTY BEGIN IN LA. maybe you will be as good as cleveland some day. either way your team isnt winning a championship this year :D. lol . the lakers have 5 loses that's got to suck. the celtics have three and already beat the cavs. the cavs have four. sorry to break the news but teams are what there record says they are. Indiana sacramento Miami Orlando detroit all beat the lakers. the lakers lost to sacramento thats to funny.:D

Last edited:
celtics best record in the league. celtics beat the lakers when it counted to win banner 17[your still wetting your bed and sucking your thumb over that one] . lakers won a regular season game at home WOW. LET THE PARTY BEGIN IN LA. maybe you will be as good as cleveland some day. either way your team isnt winning a championship this year. lol . the lakers have 5 loses that's got to suck. the celtics have three and already beat the cavs. the cavs have four. sorry to break the news but teams are what there record says they are. Indiana sacramento Miami Orlando detroit all beat the lakers. the lakers lost to sacramento thats to funny.

Let him jaw all he wants and have his moment of happiness and "revenge" over the Boston stomp we gave them in the championship. He knows rapist Kobe and the rag tag bunch would choke in a second in an important match versus the Celts.

Let him jaw all he wants and have his moment of happiness and "revenge" over the Boston stomp we gave them in the championship. He knows rapist Kobe and the rag tag bunch would choke in a second in an important match versus the Celts.
the celtics ended the lakers season and broke there little hearts. winning a regular season game is hardly revenge lol.

The old saying goes - live in the past, LOSE in the present :D

the celtics ended the lakers season and broke there little hearts. winning a regular season game is hardly revenge lol.

Only it was the end of your precious winning streak - reality check, the Celtics will NEVER approach the 33-in-a-row the Lakers have! I'm sure you've been muttering to yourself "anybody but the Lakers" on end for 28 hours since Ariza stuffed your dreams of hitting 20 in a row.

Only it was the end of your precious winning streak - reality check, the Celtics will NEVER approach the 33-in-a-row the Lakers have! I'm sure you've been muttering to yourself "anybody but the Lakers" on end for 28 hours since Ariza stuffed your dreams of hitting 20 in a row.
lmao . the celtics and there fans only dream of hoisting banners. but its not a dream its reality[banner 17]dont cry i know it stings like a b!tch . pathetic laker fans dream of ending streaks and regular season wins apparently. can you name what team in the nba has won the most championships? reality check the boston celtics lmao. you hold onto to your meaningless streak. the celtics are 9 and 2 against the lakers in the finals. the lakers will never overcome that embarrassing statistic. now go cry to mommy lmao. i have another steak for you. 8 championships in a row by the celtics lmao. complete and total ownage

Last edited:

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back