Celtics at Heat - Opening Night

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Heat just had their banner raising and ring ceremony and the two teams are getting set to take the court. I look forward to hearing a lot about the refs in this thread. :D

Should be a good one though. Looking forward to seeing the new guys with Miami as well as Boston's overhauled roster.

Hoping Ray Allen chokes ..... :rofl:

i really hope they fine chalmers for that horrendous flop.

C's don't want to play D tonight..will get smoked in 2nd half

Last edited:
He's looking pretty good tonight. :cool:
Cold shoulder from KG when Ray went to hug Doc was pretty interesting. Undoubtedly, Shaughnessy et al will clobber KG for it tomorrow.

Cold shoulder from KG when Ray went to hug Doc was pretty interesting. Undoubtedly, Shaughnessy et al will clobber KG for it tomorrow.

I really hate Garnett's guts but I can't blame him for that. I'd do the same thing.

The team should be much better defensively once Avery Bradley is healthy.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

i caught a couple celts games on nba league pass in the pre season

they look like they're ready to win their division again, and face the heat in the east finals IMO

Hate to say I called it but, Shaughnessy's column headline this morning: "For joining Heat, Allen gets cold shoulder." First line: "Does it really have to be this way?" Knew it was coming.

The team should be much better defensively once Avery Bradley is healthy.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
For two sides that sell themselves as defensive powerhouse there wasn't a lot of defense being played.

For two sides that sell themselves as defensive powerhouse there wasn't a lot of defense being played.
Agreed. I saw virtually none.

Yeah that was a little concerning to see. The Celtics were clearly out of rhythm yet the Heat kept giving them open look after open look. A JV high school team probably could have scored on Miami last night.

As for Boston, it looked like a lot of missed assignments and some confusion out there, which is to be expected of a team with a lot of new faces. Nobody is going to kill Boston for not coming together immediately like they did with Miami in 2010.

Kontra, you must be in hog heaven. Celts (still) can't match the firepower of MIA. For the life of me, I don't understand why Ainge is so high on Green. He is not good. Celts need to trade for Josh Smith, asap.

Kontra, you must be in hog heaven. Celts (still) can't match the firepower of MIA. For the life of me, I don't understand why Ainge is so high on Green. He is not good. Celts need to trade for Josh Smith, asap.

It's always good to get a win against a hated rival, but Boston needs time to gel. Just like Miami did in 2010. Again, nobody in the media is going to crucify them for not gelling by opening night like they did with this Miami team upon it's conception.

It's always good to get a win against a hated rival, but Boston needs time to gel. Just like Miami did in 2010. Again, nobody in the media is going to crucify them for not gelling by opening night like they did with this Miami team upon it's conception.

With good reason. When you get in the front of cameras and start talking about winning 5 or 6 championships and you haven't done a damn thing, then ya, haters are gonna hate.

Last edited:
With good reason. When you get in the front of cameras and start talking about winning 5 or 6 championships and you haven't done a damn thing, then ya, haters are gonna hate.

They can hate all they want. The title's at American Airlines Arena.

They can hate all they want. The title's at American Airlines Arena.

And minus four more they are a bust by their own standards. Let's see how rayray plays down the stretch, that's been his problem the last three years...

And minus four more they are a bust by their own standards. Let's see how rayray plays down the stretch, that's been his problem the last three years...

They're in their third season. And you're severely underestimating the shooters we have on the perimeter.

original.gif

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back