PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2016-2017 Not Too Soon thread.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Okay so now that the playoffs are over time to look ahead.

Jared Sullinger ... bye see ya
Evan Turner ... later
Marcus Smart ... use him to trade up with the pick from Dallas.
Rozier ... love this kid ... he will be great off the bench next year.

More later ...

I'm ready!

sully- i'm so so done with him
turner- i think he's actually really good in his role. again, this guy is supposed to be a point forward off the bench. the playoff series threw things out of whack.
marcus- im a big fan, but if he can get us a good return... you have to do it

to me it's isaiah, crowder, marcus, and avery. do whatever you want with the rest, and honestly trade anyone if we have to. I think if we had another 20-24 PPG scorer along isaiah, we'd be really really good. looking forward to the lottery

i keep turner if i can but he's going to get a lot of offers. marcus is only 21 and he's a elite defender. i give him more time to mature. sully has to go. we need the cap space.

"With their first pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select…a small Guard who can't distribute…and can't shoot either."

meh - all that and $1 will buy you a cup of coffee

I'm interested to see what Ainge tries to do and what actually happens - what Ainge WANTS to do is attract a marquee free agent, then another, then see what he can find in terms of draft pics

Maybe the free agents come, maybe they don't

Maybe the draft picks pan out, maybe they don't

No question they've done a lot with what they have in terms of talent - but they could also find themselves in a holding pattern of where they are - not yet contenders

I'm hopeful - but won't get my hopes up too high

What kind of contract can Turner expect in FA?

What kind of contract can Turner expect in FA?
thats a good question. considering how well he's played for the celtics. it will be more than the vet minimum. its hard to say. nba contracts are so complicated.

This team stinks, cant beat the ****in Grizzlies who cant score more than 22 points in a quarter.

Nerlens Noel is available…just in time for Christmas….

Crooklyn's #1 is obviously off the table, but I would be willing to discuss a package involving our #1 and/or Olynyk/Jerebko/Rozier/Green/Young,
if Philly adds someone like Stauskas/Henderson/Luwawu.

Crooklyn's #1 is obviously off the table, but I would be willing to discuss a package involving our #1 and/or Olynyk/Jerebko/Rozier/Green/Young,
if Philly adds someone like Stauskas/Henderson/Luwawu.
I'd agree with that other than wanting to keep Rozier off the table. I think he has a really bright future.

He might or might not, but we already have Thomas, Smart, Bradley, and Jackson (whom I like better). Rozier is redundant.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back