PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 20-2 Now. NBA Coaching is Over-Rated! =D

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
I am one of the diehards who have followed and attended Celtics games the past 10 years when they were horrible and rebuilding. I have especially paid attention to Doc Rivers during the Al Jefferson era, and without going into it too much without making my head explode, he's a horrible coach.

The fact that the Celtics are 20-2 right now, just goes to show how much the NBA is a players league and a star league. Basketball is like the opposite of football, where the coach is way more important. In basketball, if you have 1 superstar, or 3, then it doesn't matter what the coach does.

Last edited:
You're pretty much right mav, although I'd put the breakdown at 80-20 with the emphasis being on the players. In today's NBA, if players don't like the coach, they won't play hard. Talent clearly dictates though, and more so than in any other league possibly.

we will see what we are made of now as we start a tough strech of games.

I spoke too soon.
After a 29-3 start, we've lost 5 out of 10.

Teams are starting to defend our favorite offensive sets, and Doc can't adjust.

Do you believe or not believe that Doc can take us to the promiseland, with 3 superstars?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back