PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

celtic legend dennis johnson dies at 52

patriotspride

Banned
Reaction score
for those of us old enough to remember .DJ was the best .he came to the Celts via a trade from the suns for rick Roby in 1984.dj was known for great lock down defense and clutch shooting .without dj the Celtics don't hoist championship banners 15 and 16 to the old Boston garden rafters. thanks for all the memories dj god bless RIP.

Red's got his point guard.

Only 15 years older than me. Scary stuff.

hes only 8 years older than me .he was truly a great player .very under ratted .i guess that happens when you play with bird and mchale .i loved watching him play ,the bigger the game the better he played .

way too young
the guy is younger than my dad for cryin out loud
thats scary
rip dj
will def be missed
i dont remember him a whole lot cuz i was pretty young, but i do remember that he was a consumate pro

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zviu1C7TJzY

everyone boasts about that steal by bird, but hey, if dj didnt have the where-with-all to cut nobody would still be talkin bout that play

8 years younger than I, but will always remember his hard nosed game, had a nasty attitude and brought his A game to the Parquet. RIP DJ, condolences to your family.

My favorite DJ moment came in the 1985 finals (yes, the one they lost). It was the first year of the 2-3-2 format and with a 2-1 LA series lead, game 4 was crucial. The Celts bounced back from a horrible game 3 showing and were in a dogfight. I forget if the game was tied or the Celts were behind by 1, but I remember DJ knocking down the game-winning jumper to tie the series. Everybody in the Forum expected Bird to take that shot, but it was DJ who was the hero.

RIP, DJ.

Regards,
Chris

My favorite DJ moment came in the 1985 finals (yes, the one they lost). It was the first year of the 2-3-2 format and with a 2-1 LA series lead, game 4 was crucial. The Celts bounced back from a horrible game 3 showing and were in a dogfight. I forget if the game was tied or the Celts were behind by 1, but I remember DJ knocking down the game-winning jumper to tie the series. Everybody in the Forum expected Bird to take that shot, but it was DJ who was the hero.

RIP, DJ.

Regards,
Chris
the game was tied larry was doubled teamed and dished it to dj.i have a tape of that game.dj hit the shot and then one secound remained .larry said on weei today that dj was the best he ever played with.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back