Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cell Phone Surveillance. FBI can now listen to you when your phone is turned off

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Sep 25, 2007.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Check out this crazy but true news: the FBI can now listen in on anyone's conversations through personal cell phones, even when the cell phone is turned off! They can manually turn on the mic and eavesdrop on whatever you are doing. Yet another example of our rights as Americans being torn away...

Here is a TV news clip about this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G1fNjK9SXg
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

While I agree with the erosion of rights, I welcome the intrusion they would get pretty bored as most of my cellphone time is talking with idiotic cable companies who lost(misplaced) my payment.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

I watched all the million dollar motor homes pouring into Maine this year, I sat on my beach watching all the two million dollar boats flying around out in the ocean, I watched the people in their little white shorts and camera's around their necks standing in line to buy their Lobsters, I sat in my yard at night and listend to the far off music as thousands of young people on vacation sat around their campfires drinking, singing and smoking pot, during the day I sat in my yard and watched "jogging addicted people" run by my house with their $500 sneakers kicking up the summer dust their tongues were hanging out, they were gasping for breath and panting, the expression on their faces resembled that of a person with a severe case of constipation, their running shorts were all bunched up in the cracks of their skinny little a$ses, they tried to smile and wave as they stumbled by, I held my Vodka up and waved back at them as their grunts and groans faded up the road, I smiled and whispered to myself "f-cking nuts".

Another summer has gone, all those people are home now showing anybody that will look all the pictures they took of their fat wives, their dogs, and their crazy kids all wearing their little white hats that say "Maine" on them, some of the dogs are wearing them.

I said to my wife last night, "dear" she said "what you stupid bastard" I then said "isn't it terrible all the rights we have lost since Bush has been president" she replied, "you can say that again" so I said, "isn't it terrible all the rights we have lost since Bush has been president".

Don't know what's comin' tomorrow
    Maybe it's trouble and sorrow
    But we'll travel the road, sharin' our load
    Side by side
    :bricks:
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  4. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Harry I love you.

I'm from New Hampshire and feel the same way.
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

When you come home, leave your Cell Phone beside your refrigerator.
    :bricks:
  6. pats-blue

pats-blue Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hilarious what people will believe! It was on the news it MUST BE TRUE! Guess what it ISN'T. It is not a standard cell phone. it IS a "bug" that happens to be a cell phone also. You replace their phone with the "FBI's" phone and it does not record both sides of a phone conversation because it is a "bug' (like in the movies) but it will function and record non phone conversations if the phone is turned off simply because it gets its power directly from the battery.

There is more to it as we use the same ones and I have worked with the FBI with these but that is the jist. I just find it funny people over reacting and looking for the black helicopters. Oh and flashes on the WTC collapse...ect..ect.:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  7. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

This is silly and impossible. Remotely turn on your microphone even when your phone is off? Come on now. The only way I can see them doing this is if they are in the immediate vicinity of where you are and are actively trying to listen to you. Don't do anything wrong and they won't watch you! :p
  8. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Although I disagree with almost everything that you say on this post...

How in the hell will there be enough manpower to listen to all of the inane conversations???? Is it linked to the Cray SuperBeast in Ft. Meade? It would have to be.

Who really cares... just make sure that you talk stupid like everyone else in Amerika... than you'll have nothing to worry about:cool:
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Get Bush
    Get Bush
    Praise Allah
  10. pats-blue

pats-blue Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hahaha. You disagree with everything I said? I use the stupid things in my job! Anything to keep your paranoia going right? I point out that we use what the FBI used in this operation and pointed out that they CANNOT turn on a cell phone to listen in (I would point out obviously how it is physically impossible but you wouldn't listen obviously.) I even told you what they really were but you disagree? Disagree?? Do you actually mean choose to ignore reality is that what you meant?
  11. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +117 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

First off, as PatsBlue points out, these are bugs, not regular cell phones, and Secondly you can not place a "bug" on anyone without a federal judge OKing it.

Now here's what you don't know, Nigerians listen to more of your cell phone conversations that anyone. Any and every cell phone conversation can easily be intercepted by very cheap and readily available electronic equiptment. The Nigerians are famous for "cloning" cell phones, grabbing the SIM numbers out of the air, and producing another phone with the same DIm number and dialing away.

Anyone who thinks that anything they say over a cell phone is "private" , is kidding themsleves.