PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBSSports.com article: Moss unhappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW--Moss "unhappy" that he hasn't been approached about an extension, even though he's still one of the top 5 receivers in the league, played his butt off last year, literally taking one for the team playing with a separated shoulder and acting as a decoy for Welker, a rookie, plus sub-JAG receivers and TE's, then coming to TC in great shape this year, working hard all preseason, and seeing the way the Pats have dealt with Brady, Mankins and others?? Well, shiver me timbers.

Moss has felt "misunderstood" and had a lot of hate piled on him his entire career. And even if he brought some of it upon himself, he's not half the sh!thead as most of the players in this league who have been fairly or unfairly labeled as "malcontents." 200 posts and thousands of hits on a frickin a Darelle Revis thread? Who the f*ck cares about
Revis or the Jets? Moss has been nothing but a stand up guy since coming to the Patriots and that's all I care about. He's also probably the second or third most important guy to this team this year and ought to be treated as such by the fans at least.

We should be talking about Randy Moss using those toe shoes. I know a few people that got them this summer and I was tempted. They look odd but I heard they are really good for back problems and things of that nature.

If he had a poor attitude, Id be for cutting his ass. He's actually been great with the fans, he seems in astounding shape for a receiver his age and he just wants a contract offer to stay here.

Put it all together, I have no problem. If he has the season I expect, he'll have no trouble getting a good contract from someone. I don't negotiate, and I don't know when he'll hit the wall, but we are not going to acquire his equal for anywhere near that price in the short term IMO.

Of course he's 33...

Maybe Moss is not happy because Revis came back.

Re: Randy Moss: "I am not wanted"

This is rehashing an old story. They probably goaded him into giving up a sound bite.

You write the truth!

I want Moss to re-sign with us. But I also want him to just stop talking and play. If he feels disrespected next offseason when not under contract, then he can talk all he wants. Until then, he should know he's wanted and has been wanted given the amount of money we gave him in the contract that he's still currently under.
Yeah I agree but understand where Randy's coming from so as fans we can only hope this situation resolves itself. However what terrible timing by the media and hopefully not Randy because certainly this isn't what anyone wants to see prior to week one.

Last edited:
Almost half the teams contract is up this year. This team could look a lot different next year.

And he took a big cut his first year

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Moss contract details

Other than that, right on.

moss-o.gif

It depends. He made a deal and cashed out later. if he flounders in Oakland, does he make another $30 million and more next year?

I want Moss to stay if at all possible, or it's back to the dink-n-dunk offense. Sign the beast!

It said in the article that him and Brady went to dinner monday night...if so this is him just trying to get the pats to pay next year..no worries for me..he will still be a beast come week 1

This is were Brady has a ton of leverage. All he has to say is I'll sign if Moss signs. Guarantee you this will be one of his requests.

He's a bit of a weird bird, but I really like Moss. He's been such a treat to watch the past few seasons. I pray he re-signs here.

It said in the article that him and Brady went to dinner monday night...if so this is him just trying to get the pats to pay next year..no worries for me..he will still be a beast come week 1

Do you have a link to the article? The cbs article does not say this.

Greetings,

I also home something can be worked out as well. His past three years here have been unparalleled for a deep threat Patriot receiver that I can remember. Though they have not won a Super Bowl yet, we have been blessed to have and watch the Brady to Moss combination.
Peace,
Celticboy04

This is typical attention seeking behavior. Not surprising, coming from Moss. But it's acceptable, because Moss will still be a beast this year despite his age.

As long as he gets decent yardage and touchdowns, he will be adored by fans and teammates alike. That (and a ring) is what he really wants, not money. This is his contract year. He knows his best shot at a ring is with Brady and BB. Make no mistake....barring injuries, he's going to light it up this season.

In all honesty, and as big a Patriot homer as I am, it is time to work out a deal with Brady and try to find one with Moss also.

We aren't paying big money to a Guard so......they ought to be able to get something done.

Both of them are well able to play at a high level for a few more years and both will take a smidgen less to play together on the Pats....at least I am willing to bet that they will.

Just get it done already.

As much as this notion is stomped on around here, I have to say that more and more it seems like the Pats,Kraft are being cheap. Yes, enter all the posters with ," uncertainty of cba deal in future" or " retroactive salary cap". The thing is, they aren't paying Mankins, so what the hell are they doing with the money?

I am sure Moss knows why he hasn't got an extension offer!

He is getting on a bit, and would most likely ask for more than he should. So Randy needs to play his best for a big contract on another team, they show his age once he signs :D

This matters.

Randy hardly ever speaks to the media, and when he does it's meaningful. Reading that statement, I think Moss wants to stay, he really really wants to. That's the vibes I'm getting.

We know that Moss has a personality that needs to be shown a lot of love. If something's bothering him, it does show up in his play - just look at what happened in Oakland.

He had a fantastic training camp by all accounts, and now it's time for him to show if he can do it on the field.

Our bye week is Week 5 this year. First four opponents are:

Bengals
@Jets
Bills
@Dolphins

The Bengals have a very good cornerback tandem, the Jets have Revis, the Bills' only good area is their secondary and the Dolphins have two good second-year corners - remember Vontae Davis grabbing an interception off Moss's back last year?

Those are some decent pass defences we're facing early on. If Moss performs well, let's sort out the extension in the bye week. The test will be how he does against Revis. If he's still at the top of his game, he will be able to score on Revis. If he can't catch anything against him, make him prove himself for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back