PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBSSports.com article: Moss unhappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder when the interview took place.. it says "speaking first time since camp began".

It could quite literally mean OTA's.

Anyway it is ridiculous to spend one second worrying about this. Now that cuts are done, and PS are set (yesterday) they've timed this story to come out right about now because the big news over cuts have all dried up.

What is Moss going to do in FA? He's an old dog. Is he going to learn new tricks under a QB that is not going to be as good as Brady is or as classy as he is?

Does this maybe point to Moss wanting to stay with the Pats after this season rather then going to another team?

I would love if the Pats gave him an extension, as long as its reasonable.

Does this maybe point to Moss wanting to stay with the Pats after this season rather then going to another team?

I would love if the Pats gave him an extension, as long as its reasonable.
I wouldn't mind if the Patriots extended Randy Moss for a couple of seasons and orchestrated a deal to land Vincent Jackson... but what do I know.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with what he said. He said he'll take this season in stride and see what happens....but it doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to be unhappy with his contract situation.

If you ask Tom Brady and if he wasn't being 'politically correct', he would say EXACTLY what Randy is saying. Moss has never been 'politically correct' and will said exactly what's on his mind.

I agree. The Patriots will not give Brady or Moss a long term deal. Why? Because they do not have too.

I think they should extend Moss one season at his current pay rate. He's earned it. But only for one season.

If he wants to wait until the end of the year, I would offer him 2 years at his current salary.

shut and play Randy.... this is your last year , go out play ur ass off, get a new deal with miami or someone else and thanks for 2007...

I didn't find anything wrong with what he said in that article. And I didn't think either of the articles was written in a tone of panic. Some of the posters on this site just choose to panic about everything and will find any opportunity to call Randy an "ungrateful dog faker." No wonder he feels unloved. The only time you guys will cheer for him is when he scores a TD, which happens more often than you give him credit for.

He wants to stay in New England.

He's disappointed he doesn't have an extension, as is Brady.

It will all work out in the end, I promise :cool:

Didn't Brady say he and Moss were a package deal back in 07?

You're very perceptive there li'l doggy. You're not wanted after this season. In fact li'l doggy you better get used to this I'm not wanted feeling during the games this season because this offense is going to spread the ball around and play ball/clock control. Sorry pup!

Well, we seem to have a few million extra that Mankins doesn't seem to want, It'll be interesting to see to whom the FO will allocate them?

Recently I have been wondering if Randy might be a better use for the $$$. From the few training camp reports that have crossed my path it would appear he is still an absolutely elite receiver that hasn't lost value.

My rusty maths calculates Connolly is costing approximately less than a 1/12 of what Mankins is supposedly asking for, I wonder if we would get the same talent/price value by not paying Randy and replacing him next year?

The defence, while I expect it to improve with playing time is probably still a few years away from it's peak due to the influx of 1st/2nd round picks in the mass youth movement we've seen over the last two years.

During this same next few years we have the HOF Brady in his prime (presuming we pay him) at the helm of what potentially could be an balanced offensive juggernaut, it seems sensible to keep Randy to maintain our continued competitiveness. Then again Brady on his back doesn't get Randy the ball.

Saying that, i'd still like to see Mankins signed, even if only on a one year deal or tender.

Just my 2cents.

He has played for us at a bargain rate, not that it matters.

I think this is a misconception a lot of people have, he was paid the going rate for a top reciever in the NFL. They gave him a fair contract and he was one of the highest paid recievers in the league. Not sure why anyone thinks he was a bargain.

I think this is a misconception a lot of people have, he was paid the going rate for a top reciever in the NFL. They gave him a fair contract and he was one of the highest paid recievers in the league. Not sure why anyone thinks he was a bargain.

Because Philly offered him more money.

Shut up and score touchdowns you b$%#@&

[QUOTEBecause Philly offered him more money.][/QUOTE]

I see your point now but we still paid him top flight reciever money.

And he took a big cut his first year

Randy Moss put his money where his mouth is to come to New England. The wideout accepted a one-year deal worth $3 million, with $2 million in earned incentives. He had been due to make $9.75 million this year and $11.25 million next year, but tore up that deal.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Moss contract details

Other than that, right on.

moss-o.gif

I want Moss to re-sign with us. But I also want him to just stop talking and play. If he feels disrespected next offseason when not under contract, then he can talk all he wants. Until then, he should know he's wanted and has been wanted given the amount of money we gave him in the contract that he's still currently under.

Doesn't really bother me, he's not saying anything that he wasn't saying 3 months ago. As long as he realizes that he's playing for his next contract this year, I don't care.

Originally Posted by Yfz01

And he took a big cut his first year

Quote:
Randy Moss put his money where his mouth is to come to New England. The wideout accepted a one-year deal worth $3 million, with $2 million in earned incentives. He had been due to make $9.75 million this year and $11.25 million next year, but tore up that deal.

I was just referring to the three year deal, Im aware of the previous cut he took, we seem to be arguing different points.

Randy is no dummy. it's a contract year for him, so by saying he doesn't feel wanted he hopes to force the pats to pay up for next year.

i wouldn't look to much into as far as the 2010 season is concerned. He will perform well. whether the pats want to sign him for 2011 and beyond is another story though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back