PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS they will televise the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0nSY

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
By the CBS they will televise to the Pats-Redskins?

Not according to my schedule. This is not national so Channel 5 and other station inNE will be carrying the game.

PATSNUTme said:
Not according to my schedule. This is not national so Channel 5 and other station inNE will be carrying the game.

Thanks to solve my doubt.

I believe NFL Network will re-broadcast the game Sunday at Noon.
I almost don't want to check it out until then .... but I don't think I can
resist. :(

correct. CBS will not tv the game.
the only possibility seems to be who has Nfl Network and in this case the game will be showed if i'm correct sunday.

The worst thing about the NFL network broadcast was that it wasnt in HD.

Possible it will be shown on internet TV somewhere?

I'm sure I'll be seeing it, but I live in Washington D.C. The people here will probably all collectively jump off a bridge if the Redskins continue to play as badly as they have been playing lately.

Bella*chick said:
I'm sure I'll be seeing it, but I live in Washington D.C. The people here will probably all collectively jump off a bridge if the Redskins continue to play as badly as they have been playing lately.

As they should.....:D

PatsSaintsSox said:
As they should.....:D

Oh, no kidding! I've lived here a while now, and while it's sort of funny that the fans here are so obsessed with their team, it gets SO old so fast. It's entertaining to see them sniping about how badly their team sucks two games into the preseason.

NEM said:
What channel and call letters of the channel is it shown on in DC... we are working to make sure we get the satellite feed at the Vine from either Boston or DC.

It's on Channel 9 at 8pm. It's CBS....call letters WUSA.

Bella*chick said:
Oh, no kidding! I've lived here a while now, and while it's sort of funny that the fans here are so obsessed with their team, it gets SO old so fast. It's entertaining to see them sniping about how badly their team sucks two games into the preseason.

Fans are obsessed with their tream. Boy, I hate that.:rofl:

PATSNUTme said:
Fans are obsessed with their tream. Boy, I hate that.:rofl:

Oh, NUT. Dear, sweet NUT. I swear to you this is a different brand. Don't believe me? Neither did my husband....but after a few months of living here, he came home after a drive listening to sports talk radio and his solemn words to me were, "You're right. They're annoying as HELL here."

We've lived in Boston and New York as well. No other fan of any other sports team can quite get on your nerves as much. Seriously. Football is ALL they have here that anyone cares about. And of course, Pats fans get a free pass from me.

Bella*chick said:
Oh, NUT. Dear, sweet NUT. I swear to you this is a different brand. Don't believe me? Neither did my husband....but after a few months of living here, he came home after a drive listening to sports talk radio and his solemn words to me were, "You're right. They're annoying as HELL here."

We've lived in Boston and New York as well. No other fan of any other sports team can quite get on your nerves as much. Seriously. Football is ALL they have here that anyone cares about. And of course, Pats fans get a free pass from me.

So, it's like WEEI, but instead of the RS, it's the Redskins?

PATSNUTme said:
That's what I've got. Channel 5. But NOT in HD. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Bella*chick said:

Generally speaking there are two sets of Redskins fans, the old money and the nouveau riche. The old money are lifelong fans, and are some of the coolest people I've met. They have stories of waiting in line for playoffs tickets in the rain and rocking the bleachers at RFK Stadium. They have been watching and supporting their team since the 60's and 70's.

The nouveau riche, are the latecomers, those who began rooting for the Skins after their Super Bowl wins. These are vocal fans who expect a championship and nothing less will entertain them - these are the ones who when asked how they think their Skins will fare say, "I think they'll do okay - not great, but okay, I think they'll go 11-5 this year." No doubt these are the ones getting on your nerves. :)

Mike Patrick has been calling the Redskins preseason games, but on the bright side, Riggo is his color commentator (love that guy)

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
So, it's like WEEI, but instead of the RS, it's the Redskins?

Yeah, I guess so. Only again, if it's a Boston gig, I don't get as annoyed. But yeah, a LOT like the Redskins.

I mean every year they are predicted to win the Superbowl with a presumably straight face...usually it's fun in a pathetic kind of way but last year when they made the playoffs that sort of puppydog hopefulness and delusion turned to arrogance and trash-talking that was both ridiculous and unbearable. And they don't really focus on any other sports team except maybe once in a while the Nationals, although no one is nearly as interested.

So yeah, there are parallels, but at least the Red Sox recently did win the WS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Murphys95 said:
Generally speaking there are two sets of Redskins fans, the old money and the nouveau riche. The old money are lifelong fans, and are some of the coolest people I've met. They have stories of waiting in line for playoffs tickets in the rain and rocking the bleachers at RFK Stadium. They have been watching and supporting their team since the 60's and 70's.

The nouveau riche, are the latecomers, those who began rooting for the Skins after their Super Bowl wins. These are vocal fans who expect a championship and nothing less will entertain them - these are the ones who when asked how they think their Skins will fare say, "I think they'll do okay - not great, but okay, I think they'll go 11-5 this year." No doubt these are the ones getting on your nerves. :)

Mike Patrick has been calling the Redskins preseason games, but on the bright side, Riggo is his color commentator (love that guy)

Oh, it's definitely the nouveau rich ones that I run into or hear yapping on the radio. I agree, the old schoolers are great, but then they usually have some sense and perspective. The newcomers, not so much!

I know there's a service to hear radio broadcasts live on the internet. Is there any way to watch nfl games on the internet?

According to my DirectTV guide it will be shown here in FL live on CSN(Comcast SportsNet) which comes with the sports package. I'm skeptical though, probably be blacked out with my luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back