PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS Sports Making $#i! Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now whatever you do, DO NOT give these weasels a click.

I am required to link to what I am referring, here it is:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25230312/could-exclusive-boston-country-club-keep-tom-brady-out-over-deflategate

butnow here is the first paragraph which tells you all you need to know:

"Turns out there's a small sect of people (non-Patriots fan division) who might actually care about Deflategate. The members of The Country Club in Brookline (just outside of Boston) might not be willing to look past the NFL-related scandal and let Tom Brady in......"

Then he quotes the Globe article on this.

Nowhere in the Globe reporting is there ANY mention of anyone at The Country Club bringing up Deflategate whatsoever. - - just about the celebrity status and the papparazzi that may ensure.

The writer and CBS Sports are simply making up stuff.

Last edited:
Slow NFL news day, gotta print something even if it is speculation.. but the "guy said".

Pretty sure #12 will get in despite the unnamed sources..

They don't want him in because of the media attention that he naturally brings, it has nothing to do with deflategate. But it's classic "just asking questions!" type of reporting so they can imply anything they want but get away with it. "Was Tom Brady denied entry to the country club because of deflategate? Some say its possible."

They don't want him in because of the media attention that he naturally brings, it has nothing to do with deflategate. But it's classic "just asking questions!" type of reporting so they can imply anything they want but get away with it. "Was Tom Brady denied entry to the country club because of deflategate? Some say its possible."

Actually, it is far worse than that.

The CBS Sports story is based 100% on a Globe story where Deflategate was never mentioned!!!!!!

CBS Sports is literally inventing something from thin air.

This is also quite common. I know my sister's club in Greenwich has denied many celebrities, and Billy Joel was voted down when he wanted to buy in their coop.

Actually, it is far worse than that.

The CBS Sports story is based 100% on a Globe story where Deflategate was never mentioned!!!!!!

CBS Sports is literally inventing something from thin air.

How is that different than what the MSM normaly does?

This is also quite common. I know my sister's club in Greenwich has denied many celebrities, and Billy Joel was voted down when he wanted to buy in their coop.

Cool story, but you should pay closer attention to what you are commenting upon:

The subject of this thread is that CBS INVENTED the reason as NOT being celebrity (as you claim), but the Country Club's view on DEFLATEGATE.

The Globe's original story was all about the run of the mill celebrity reason you refer to. That was not remarkable.

What WAS remarkable was CBS taking the existing Globe story and COMPLETELY INVENTING the reason from 250 miles away that it was about the members' disgust with Deflategate.

Last edited:
The Maude strikes again...

You mean CBSsports.com that used to be CBSsportsline.com home of Pete "I heart Peyton and Boo/hiss Brady" Prisco is the home of morons?
It might sound sarcastic, but there are many who need the warning. Thanks for the warning.

nfln just reported about Brady applying for Brookline. Their sidebar headlines were "Another Headache for Brady" and "Too Big For Brady"

Brady owns so much real estate in the NFL's head right now it isn't funny. But it will be when his suspension is overturned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye