PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS: Sally Reese wanted the Pats to score 100 against the Titans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Pretty revealing story. Not sure if Floyd and Bill are gonna be too happy. Read the whole thing if you have time.

Ex-GM's wife: Wanted Patriots to score 100 on Titans - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Excerpt:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The wife of former Titans general manager Floyd Reese called a Nashville radio station Thursday to blast the team and Jeff Fisher, a day after hearing talk that her husband has hated the coach since losing a power struggle in Tennessee.

Sally Reese waited until her husband was on a plane headed to London with the New England Patriots then called WGFX-FM to defend him on air. Reese was let go by the Titans when his contract expired in January 2007.

"He kept Jeff from getting fired two times," Reese said of her husband. "So if he'd let him get fired, he'd still be there. Hello? That's hindsight. ... Sunday I was hoping they'd run it to 100. And I love Tennessee. All you Tennessee people, my dad's from Tennessee, but when you get sucker punched, you want to sucker punch back."

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder what he'll be saying to his wife when he hears about this. :eek:

Hell, I wouldn't have minded if the Patriots had dropped 100 points on the Titans.

Last edited:
I like how she felt she had to qualify it with all the stuff about her love for Tennessee....

Just say it, for f's sake!

Hell, I wouldn't have minded if the Patriots had dropped 100 points on the Titans.
I wouldn't think I would know what to do.. other than have every single Patriot player I could in my fantasy side.

They might have if they had a damned 3rd WR.:mad:

Good for her. Tennessee dumped Reese, hung him out to dry. Fisher no doubt masterminded the power play. Now everyone knows the douche Fisher really is. Serves him right.

QB12

That's fine - Mrs Reese doesn't represent the Patriots' organisation. As long as Floyd keeps it shut, it should be OK.

100. That WOULD have been wild ! All those "Gibbs is a respected coach, blah, blah, blah...running up the..." people would have come back out from hiding to diss BB.

Totally inappropriate and without class.

Belichick is going to declare her inactive.

If I was treated as shabbily as it appears Floyd Reese was I would hope my wife would come to my defense too. Good for her if what she says is true and shame on the Titans and Fischer.

I was rooting for whatever they could put up. Ever since CameraGate I've had this unending desire to give the rest of the league the middle finger. Now if only we could win a damn Super Bowl.

She had some interesting things to say. It appears that alot of things went on behind the scenes in Tennessee and Fisher ended up with total control. Now that the team he assembled stinks, is poorly coached, and he is wearing a peyton manning jersey things are starting to crumble around fisher. He's long been noted as one of the "classiest" coaches in all of football, but maybe not.

Here's a link to the entire on air interview. Doesn't really bother me. I'm sure lots of wives of NFL FO types and HC's could make for more interesting listening than their somewhat constricted husbands. The biggest knock on Floyd over the years was the salary cap and PacMan, but whose to say either of those was entirely his doing... The Titans were set to draft Leinart and had signed Chow as OC when the word came down from Adams that they would take Vince (to somehow trump Houston being it became a venue Adams had obcessed over trumping since he had to move to Tennessee kinda like Woody obcesses about trumping us from the NJ swamps). And that messy divorce with McNair post drafting Young had ownership that didn't want to be on the hook for the backend of it's hero's contract written all over it...

I've listened to the Jeff Fisher is a genius blather for a long time and wondered where it came from. There are lots of myths in this NFL... We're somewhat unique here in NE in that we have an outstanding business and football model where everyone is accountable and the owner doesn't play games with football ops. And we have a bonefide resident genius who checks his own ego at the door.

I doubt Bill, who probably knows Sally well, will actually get a kick out of this. It's not like Jeff had his back when the suits were ripping Bill a new one. And Bill knows all about holding grudges and settling scores and making payback a biatch. He just lets his teams and game plans do his talking on the field.

Wife of former GM blasts Titans on local radio | Nashville City Paper: Nashville's Online Source for Daily News

The Patriots could EASILY have set an NFL single-game scoring record against Tennessee last Sunday if they wanted to. I was wishing they would have. The iffy call on the safety/fumble should've made it either 61-0 or 66-0, and 80-0 definitely was within reach regardless.

Good for her. Tennessee dumped Reese, hung him out to dry. Fisher no doubt masterminded the power play. Now everyone knows the douche Fisher really is. Serves him right.

QB12

I think 'masterminded' is a pretty strong word. Fisher isn't exactly the masterminding type...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes