PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS Poll: Which AFC team is likely to be able to beat the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswelker#83

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Here are the latest NFL Power Rankings + a cbs Poll of who has a better shot to beat the Pats in the Playoffs :

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10535612

Poll is half way down the page .

37% Colts

8% Browns

22% Jaguars

11% Chargers

4% Steelers

17% You're kidding right

Last edited:
Re: CBS Poll : Which AFC team is likely to be able to beat the Pats?

I love how all the sudden Jax is a dangerous team. It's the same team (minus Marcus Stroud) that we pasted last year in Jax with a playoff berth on the line. They've shown they can play Indy tough, but they're 0-2 against Indy this year. I give them roughly a 0% chance of winning in Indy or in NE.

I love how all the sudden Jax is a dangerous team. It's the same team (minus Marcus Stroud) that we pasted last year in Jax with a playoff berth on the line. They've shown they can play Indy tough, but they're 0-2 against Indy this year. I give them roughly a 0% chance of winning in Indy or in NE.

Their quarterback is serviceable at best, not championship caliber.

Don't under estimate Jaksonville guys. Excellent running game, physical defense, and a QB that doesn't make mistakes. Leftwich was the QB last time around.

As for the poll, the AFC playoffs are going to be tough. SD is playing very well, and Indy is always a threat. Ideally I'd like to see a SD/JAQ 1st round playoff so that one team knocks the other out.

Here's one: Which network is most likely to start the next meaningless poll about the Patriots? Everyone's trying to get some of that win mojo!

Don't under estimate Jaksonville guys. Excellent running game, physical defense, and a QB that doesn't make mistakes. Leftwich was the QB last time around.

As for the poll, the AFC playoffs are going to be tough. SD is playing very well, and Indy is always a threat. Ideally I'd like to see a SD/JAQ 1st round playoff so that one team knocks the other out.

We played them last year in Jax, beat them handily, with Garrard as QB. They have the same team this year, except Marcus Stroud is out for the year.

This year, it's in NE, and we're much much better. They don't worry me.

No David Garrard (he fumbled in the last minute to preserve the victory)was the QB in last year game. Jacksonville has the 25 raked pass defense witch doesn't bold well for them also.

We played them last year in Jax, beat them handily, with Garrard as QB. They have the same team this year, except Marcus Stroud is out for the year.

This year, it's in NE, and we're much much better. They don't worry me.

We beat them 24-21 last year in Jax. I remember watching that game, and nobody would characterize that game as "winning handily".

Jones-Drew ran wild (Tayor didn't play) and Garrard had a decent game, though nothing spectacular.

Last edited:

We beat them 24-21 last year in Jax. I remember watching that game, and nobody would characterize that game as "winning handily".

Jones-Drew ran wild (Tayor didn't play) and Garrard had a decent game, though nothing spectacular.

We had Dillon and caldwell then , today we have moss and welker .

MJD didn't run wild. He had a fluke 74 yard touchdown (he fell down when he ran into his own man, the Patriots thought he was down by contact), got up and ran past the defenders who stopped before the whistle. Otherwise, he had 57 yards on 18 carries (3.1 ypc). They kept it close with good defense and a couple fluke plays.

MJD didn't run wild. He had a fluke 74 yard touchdown (he fell down when he ran into his own man, the Patriots thought he was down by contact), got up and ran past the defenders who stopped before the whistle. Otherwise, he had 57 yards on 18 carries (3.1 ypc). They kept it close with good defense and a couple fluke plays.

Exactly, everyone thought he was down, but he wasn't. Without that one carry, his yardage totals weren't impressive at all.

No David Garrard (he fumbled in the last minute to preserve the victory)was the QB in last year game. Jacksonville has the 25 raked pass defense witch doesn't bold well for them also.

If the weather that game is like it was vs. the Jets then think again.

Who here honestly thinks Jack "I make Herm Edwards look like a daredevil" Del Rio will outcoach Belichick?

Enough with the talk of the Jags.

Last edited:

As to your statement "SD is playing very well" i don't agree, are they winning yes but they have only one threat LT and if BB schemes to take him away then they are the same divided team they were before their coach discovered that running the football is actually in the play book. They will not be real contenders only pretenders.

"My opinion that Brady has apparently topped out is based on his subpar play this year. Spare me the "new receivers" chant." -- PF1996

"Sorry, but this dynasty that never really was is dead. Brady isn't getting any better." -- PF1996

"Bill was "grinning from ear to ear" because the Pats pulled out a win despite the terrible play of the so called "greatest QB ever". I guess we can now finally put that fairy-tale in the same trashcan as the one about Santa." PF1996, Dec. 16, 2007.

Great sig Sooner Patriot, PF 1996 shows hes just as ignorant about football as he is on the political forum. .

Last edited:

"My opinion that Brady has apparently topped out is based on his subpar play this year. Spare me the "new receivers" chant." -- PF1996

"Sorry, but this dynasty that never really was is dead. Brady isn't getting any better." -- PF1996

"Bill was "grinning from ear to ear" because the Pats pulled out a win despite the terrible play of the so called "greatest QB ever". I guess we can now finally put that fairy-tale in the same trashcan as the one about Santa." PF1996, Dec. 16, 2007.

Great sig Sooner Patriot, PF 1996 shows hes just as ignorant about football as he is on the political forum. .

Those seem to be pretty d@mning remarks.

Those seem to be pretty d@mning remarks.
Ignore stupidity.This person obviously doesn't know anything about football.The Jags are a very good team.How ever the Pats match up very well against them.We beat them with Caldwell last year.The Pats now have Moss,Welker,Stallworth & Gaffney.Wake up & smell the roses.NE will do damage in the playoffs.It will be very interesting if the Jags got to play the Colts for a 3rd time in the divisional round of the playoffs.The Pats,Jags & Chargers are Colt fans worst nightmare.They can't run or hide.The Colts will just have to take their buttkicking like men.

Did you watch the game, or are u just looking at the stats? MJD had a flukey long run where the Pats thought he was down. Other than that, he did nothing.

The Pats contolled that game. They led wire to wire. I don't remember being nervous at all during that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing