Welcome to PatsFans.com

CBS Poll: McCain, Obama Tied

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by MrSparkle, Sep 4, 2008.

1. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/03/states.poll/?iref=hpmostpop

In a CNN/Time/Opinion Research Corp. survey out Wednesday afternoon, 55 percent of Iowa registered voters who were questioned said that Obama, D-Illinois, is their choice for president, with 40 percent backing McCain, R-Arizona. That's more than double the lead Obama had in a University of Iowa poll taken early last month.

"Obama is winning in all regions of the state, even in the western counties, where George W. Bush beat John Kerry by 17 points," CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said. "Obama is winning rural voters in Iowa, not something you see in many other states."

[...]

It appears to be a similar story in Minnesota, where the Republicans are holding their national convention this week.

The poll indicates that Obama has a 12-point lead over McCain, 53 percent to 41 percent.

[...]

President Bush's narrow victory in Ohio four years ago clinched his re-election. It looks like it could be just as tight this time around in Ohio.

The poll suggests that Obama has a 2-point lead over McCain, 47 percent to 45 percent, which is a virtual tie when taking into account the survey's 3.5-percentage-point sampling error.

3. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Oh what a difference a day (and a speech) make. Go figure that it was not "The One" to make it.

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +570 / 22 / -19

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ial_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Barack Obama attracting 47% of the vote while John McCain earns 43%. When "leaners" are included, it’s Obama 50%, McCain 45%. (see recent daily results). "

But polls are absolutely meaningless right now. My guess is both sides will come out roughly even even the polls after a few days. Since BB is a Democrat, it's sort of like saying the Pats lead by 7 at the end of the first quarter. Who are you rooting for? :)

5. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yep, Fox was quoting a poll that had McCane 25% ahead. Who knows, who cares about polls? That are ALWAYS skewed.

6. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I do find it interesting that CBS of all polls has them tied though. Rasmussen and Gallop will take a few days to show the RNC bump.

I know, polls are meaningless. Just trying to keep up with the Jones as far as posts go. Can't let you Libbies have all the fun :)

7. italia44

italia44 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Fox poll asked: who do you trust to conduct the war on terror?

In this specific category McCain has a 25% lead on Barack Hussein.

No surprise there.

8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +779 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

That's not bad at all from a Republican standpoint with the convention not even over

It's on, baby :)

9. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Right. I knew it was something like that. But, I wasn't really listening. I was busy clicking away on my Macbook Pro. :D