PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS: Junior Seau on his surgery/future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10674651

A topic was made yesterday about him having the surgery, here's a article from CBS SportsLine that just went a little more in-depth, along with some new comments from Seau. Nothing really new or major, but for anyone interested.

On his future in football...

Junior Seau said:
I have a choice of playing or a choice of surfing. Those are great choices to have.

Wanting and needing are two different things. It's basically looking at every situation. I know that it's a structure of what coach Belichick and the Kraft family have to partake in, to put together a great team that can follow up what we did last year. That takes time. There really isn't anything on the table for me to look at except me getting healthy and being ready to go whenever anything that is a liking to me surfaces.

I'm enjoying this.

On his left rotator cuff arthroscopic surgery....

There's no grace time there. I was caught in a wrong position. I just fell on it awkwardly. I felt it and it didn't recover. So I had to deal with it. E

Overy player has an injury during the course of the year. In order to get through it, you have to persevere. No #1, you have to make sure you're not a liability.

Obviously that was not the case.

It's been reported in other threads here recently.

It really don't matter to me,I don't want a guy pushing near 40 as a LB this year - WE NEED TO GET YOUNGER IN THAT AREA...AND NOW!!!

Keeping him on may be good as far as depth but then again its a roster spot that could probably be better used elsewhere.

Again, push all you want for draft picks and FA moves, I personally don't mind. I agree. Younger is necessary at some point.

But keep this guy if he's healthy. You want young JAG backup #3 from Central Casting, just in case you shiny new toy goes down or doesn't produce? Or maybe you want a guy who, 40 or not, still is getting the job done.

I like our old guys better than randoms, and young superstars who fit the system better than either. Now, how many young superstars have we signed of late at linebacker? One.

Looks to me that for now, the "waste" of a roster spot on a starting caliber LB is not the issue.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye