PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS' Charley Casserly says Brady has 3 broken ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CBS' Charlie Casserly says Brady has 3 broken ribs

broken, cracked, fractured, hairline or not... you have to ask yourself how productive it is in the the short and long haul to have brady in the shotgun most of the time. isn't that why you have rb's to take a beating and preserve your qb?
They've been running a TON since he got hurt :

The pass-run split - BostonHerald.com

Three broken ribs is an IR worthy injury. There is absolutely no way anyone could play with that for multiple weeks.

Re: Brady has 3 broken ribs - according to CBS

Sorry about that bro.

No worries. you were faster on the draw. I don't normally post pregame stuff but this was definitely news worthy.

I have a very, very, hard time believing he completed 23 of 26 with 4 TD passes, and a player of the week award, if he really has 3 broken ribs.

We may find out for sure............some day. :)

You got THAT right! I broke ONE rib, and it was one of the most painful injuries I've ever had, and I've had a bunch. It hurt to breath. It hurt to laugh. There is NO WAY I could have thrown a ball of any kind for several weeks.

Like a poster above stated, it got a little better after a couple of weeks, but it was more like 6 weeks before I could sleep easily and not worry about simple movements like turning sideways, etc.

There is no way Brady has 3 broken ribs and is still exercising, let alone playing.

respects,

Have to concur.

I broke A rib as a teen, slipped in the snow landed on my ribs on a sidewalk. It was all I could do to BREATHE.

Standing, sitting was hard. Laughing was impossible. Coughing was agony.

Unless they shot up his ribs and put him in a Dan Pastorini flak jacket, I find this hard to believe.

Could it be a cracked rib, or bruised ribs... this does not make much sense, but pretty sure Casserly was emphatic.

Shalise Manza Young confirmed it on her twitter:

http://twitter.com/ProjoPatsBlog:

Have been able to confirm report on CBS that Tom Brady is playing with 3 broken ribs
20 minutes ago from web

More on Brady: he broke the ribs in the preseason game against the Redskins, and re-aggravated the injury in NY against the Jets...
15 minutes ago from web

Who knows?

Last edited:
No way..just...no way.

If he played (and has been playing) with three broken ribs, he's the toughest SOB I have EVER heard of...seriously!

I've had one cracked rib, and I recall sitting up in bed simply trying to breathe with what felt like a large iron band wrapped tightly around my torso.

Makes Brady's appearance for that all important quarter and a 1/2 in today's game even more stupid. You just wonder what goes on in BB's mind sometimes. There was no reason to play Brady for one snap today. Brady has been hurt all year. What, Tom was going to lose his edge for next week if he sat today?? Same for Moss. Same for WELKER.

Last edited:

I doubt they are broken, cracked maybe, but very much doubt broken.

I'm not a doctor, but I think cracked ribs = broken ribs.

Bill Simmons, of all people, broke this weeks ago... and nobody believed him.

I don't believe it for one reason.

If Brady has 3 broken ribs, why on earth would Bellichick put him back in today after pulling him and having Hoyer do an admirable job?

If you franchise player had 3 broken ribs, would you really stick him BACK in late in an essentially meaningless game he'd already been pulled from?

No chance. So much risk and for essentially nothing.

For that reason I say there's no way he has broken ribs.

Bellichick is not stupid and neither is Brady.

Last edited:
I don't believe it for one reason.

If Brady has 3 broken ribs, why on earth would Bellichick put him back in today after pulling him and having Hoyer do an admirable job?

If you franchise player had 3 broken ribs, would you really stick him BACK in late in an essentially meaningless game he'd already been pulled from?

No chance. So much risk and for essentially nothing.

For that reason I say there's no way he has broken ribs.

Bellichick is not stupid and neither is Brady.

Anything from a crack to bones busting into the lungs is considered a fractured rib. Believe me, Brady does not have the type of fractured ribs one gets from a car accident or other high speed impact into a tree or cement.

according to Web MD

A break in the thick tissue (cartilage) that connects the ribs to the breastbone may also be called a fractured rib, even if the bone itself is not broken.

No doubt what he has is painful, but he's not out there throwing with the same injury as someone who was hit by a truck.

How can he even play? Broken ribs are supposed to be extremely painful.

It's called, "Vicodin". :D

Belichick just clarified all reports: Brady has no ribs whatsoever.

Play on boys, its just a scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back