PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS' Charley Casserly says Brady has 3 broken ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
James Brown: Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady has been on the injury report Charlie but, what's the extent of his injuries?

Charlie Casserly: I'll tell ya JB he's got 3 broken ribs, 3 broken ribs. now he's been playin with these for the last couple of weeks. Today, I expect him to play, but not a lot.

Re: CBS' Charlie Casserly says Brady has 3 Broken Ribs

Wow, that's hard to believe, 3 broken ribs? Is a player even allowed to play with three broken ribs?

Re: CBS' Charlie Casserly says Brady has 3 broken ribs

How can he even play? Broken ribs are supposed to be extremely painful.

Warrior!!!

Yeah, just to clarify I'm not saying whether I believe this or not, I'm just relaying what I heard as I thought it newsworthy.

I doubt they are broken, cracked maybe, but very much doubt broken.

Brady has 3 broken ribs - according to CBS

Just an FYI,

Charley Casserly just stated that Brady has 3 broken ribs. :eek:

Hopefully they are healed or almost healed, not sure how long it takes for ribs to heal. If it happened in Miami which I would suspect, it has been 4 weeks.

**Mods please move. NoviaScotia posted before I did.**

Last edited:

Maybee that is why he struggled against Carolina and Buffalo.... Which has been suggested...I dont put alot of faith in charlie casserly though..

I'd like to hear from some of the very experienced posters here on how dependable Casserly is as a news source, because nobody else is picking it up. Strange that he should pick it up before Schefter, King, et al. considering he is a studio stiff and unlikely to have developed inside sources.

Re: Brady has 3 broken ribs - according to CBS

Just an FYI,

Charley Casserly just stated that Brady has 3 broken ribs. :eek:

Hopefully they are healed or almost healed, not sure how long it takes for ribs to heal. If it happened in Miami which I would suspect, it has been 4 weeks.

**Mods please move. NoviaScotia posted before I did.**
Sorry about that bro.

I do NOT believe that crap!
Broken ribs????:confused::confused::confused:

And the medical staff ok him to play with their careers on the line?
Ok.

I'd like to hear from some of the very experienced posters here on how dependable Casserly is as a news source, because nobody else is picking it up. Strange that he should pick it up before Schefter, King, et al. considering he is a studio stiff and unlikely to have developed inside sources.
Well, I wouldn't say he's a studio stiff, he's been around the league, was a GM, been on the Competition Comittee, he probably has lots of people he can talk to.

Charley Casserly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yeah, I spelled his name wrong.

Not saying he's right, just saying he has an air of credibility.

How can he even play? Broken ribs are supposed to be extremely painful.

I cracked 2 ribs and it was jarringly painful when I made any side-to-side or rotating movements. Sleeping was very difficult. It improved significantly in about 2 weeks but that was after limiting my physical activity.

Brady has been close to normal in his activities and effectiveness. The Pats haven't adjusted playcalling (even sending Brady on QB sneaks in non-critical situations). There may be some truth to this story but I'm certain that it isn't as bad as "broken ribs" would suggest.

As BB said, "Just ask Charley, he knows everything." :rolleyes:

He typically has a lot of inside info he gets out on NFL Today. Florio usually posts what he says; you can search in the PFT archive for "Casserly" and find a lot of it. Good stuff, usually.

Casserly reported on the NFL Today in December 2006 that the Pats were taping opponents signals using a staff member dressed in coaches' attire. Belichick called him out after that, saying something to the effect of "I'll listen to guys who still have a job in this league." The Patriots also issued a statement denying it. We all know how that turned out when they were caught in September 2007.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ttempted-tape-qb-signals-12-17-06-thread.html

Last edited:
my guess is he has bruised ribs, not broken, if he had broken ribs, the guy couldn't breath without serious pain

broken, cracked, fractured, hairline or not... you have to ask yourself how productive it is in the the short and long haul to have brady in the shotgun most of the time. isn't that why you have rb's to take a beating and preserve your qb?

my guess is he has bruised ribs, not broken, if he had broken ribs, the guy couldn't breath without serious pain

You got THAT right! I broke ONE rib, and it was one of the most painful injuries I've ever had, and I've had a bunch. It hurt to breath. It hurt to laugh. There is NO WAY I could have thrown a ball of any kind for several weeks.

Like a poster above stated, it got a little better after a couple of weeks, but it was more like 6 weeks before I could sleep easily and not worry about simple movements like turning sideways, etc.

There is no way Brady has 3 broken ribs and is still exercising, let alone playing.

respects,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots