PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS accepts blame for audio [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CBS accepts blame foe audio

Is EVERYTHING a conspiracy to you people? Good Lord.

It is not just us... It is football fans everywhere... the smell of Scandal makes it all interesting. Look what happened after Coach B was caught with the camera? EVERYONE was bringing up conspiracies... even now. Patriots are under a microscope now for everything and the conspiracies are still flying!

NFL wants to promote the game of football. What better way then to have Good versus Evil.... Patriots were caught doing what every team in the NFL do (as in finds ways to get an edge in games......) first.. so they are the bad guys in this scenario.

The difference is that the Patriots have the skill to win and prove that they did not need to do so....

Re: CBS accepts blame for audio

I would love to see someone who has a little time and the access to the technology to compare the decibel levels of the next Colts home game (home against KC, and also a CBS game...and if Indy loses to SD next week the fans would certainly be up for what would be a very big game) to what we heard yesterday. I saw someone link the decibel levels during the weird oscillating period and the subsequent 'dead' period when it seemed the stadium went quiet. If that could be done for the game in 2 weeks we could put this whole argument to rest: if the levels are considerably lower in 2 weeks than they were during the Pats game then it'd be obvious that they were, in fact, pumping crowd noise into the speakers. If not, then no conspiracy, end of story. I see no way, if they were doing it, the Colts would be dumb enough to continue to pump sound in.

I firmly believe that they were pumping in crowd noise, CBS' press release means nothing to me. The thought of another cheating scandal with the SECOND best team in the NFL would be too much for Goodell, especially when that franchise is the beloved Colts. It just makes no sense that people in the stadium heard the same thing we did, and yet it's supposedly a television issue.

Re: CBS accepts blame for audio

This is a COVER UP.

If you believe CBS, I have a bridge to sell you.

Goodell was not going to let his favorite franchise take a hit on this so they were warned and this will all be swept under the rug. Of course everyone in the media is too friggin lazy to do any investigating.

This is BS

Why would CBS take responsibility if it were not their fault? Let's move on.

Because they will have to negotiate with the NFL, which now owns its own network, in a few years to keep the privilege of broadcasting a portion ofthe games? Games which make the network an awful lot of money?

"We are doing nothing wrong," senior executive vice president Pete Ward told The Star at the time. "We've got the loudest stadium in the league, with the fans naturally providing that sound.''

I have gotten very good at listening to explanations that avoid direct statements, and especially explanations that begin, "I have done nothing wrong..."

I would feel a lot better if Ward just came out and said, "We do not amplify crowd noise," or, "We do not pipe in crowd noise."

He could be pumping in amplified crowd noise by what he said.

Great point Space. And very astute statement analysis. I've read a little on statement analysis in law enforcement and how they can detect lying by the words people use in their denials. I recently read some good examples of statement analysis of famous cases online at http://www.statementanalysis.com/. IMO, very interesting stuff.

I read in one of the earlier threads where someone posted the question as to whether or not anyone had listened to the radio broadcast. I never saw the answer. So, has anyone been able to hear a radio broadcast, WBCN, Serius/XM, or other? Is it available online?

I read in one of the earlier threads where someone posted the question as to whether or not anyone had listened to the radio broadcast. I never saw the answer. So, has anyone been able to hear a radio broadcast, WBCN, Serius/XM, or other? Is it available online?

Yes, both the WBCN and WIBCN (Indy) are online at NFL Fieldpass.

I recorded the plays on both and posted them last night:

http://rapidshare.com/files/67518695/Pats_Radio_Audio.mp3.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/67515842/Colts_Radio_Audio.mp3.html

You can't hear any of the "skipping" in either.

How can you tell if any Dolts official is lying?

their lips move

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye