PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS accepts blame for audio [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sorry guys CBS says it was their fault.

Oh sweet. Does that mean this can go away? Only an idiot didn't realize it was CBS, and I'm a little ashamed of my fellow Pats fans on this one.

Isn't it sad how Pats fans react sometimes? I mean, it is obvious that the people in the dome raise the temperature inside, not some scheme to gain an advantage. So it was 84 degrees inside the dome in the AFCCG and only 34 degrees outside? 60,000 people jumping up and down can account for the 50 degree difference.

By the way, how was the weather in Indy yesterday? They must have had the air conditioning cranking in the dome to combat that 100+ degrees of heat. Maybe all that power used by the AC caused the CBS feed to go all screwy.

See...it all make sense when you think about it.

Re: CBS accepts blame for audio

CBS claims it was their fault. Of course I buy that bs what do they have to lose? Only future telecasts. In spite of all the shennagins the Pats win in the dolts house. F U Polian and your defective sound system.

Did you ever consider how embarrassing it would be for the NFL to have to admit yet another top top team used dirty tricks? Especially after making such a big deal (which is spelled BFD, by the way) about spygate.

I personally believe that almost every team engages in some sort of rule bending in order to gain a competitive advantage. But after taking the stance they did with the Pats, the league certainly doesn't want THAT to become the general belief out there in the arena of public opinion. That means they are going to try to shove any other accusations under the rug if they possible can.

What!! Move on??? Never! We've got two weeks with nothing to do and so we're going to beat this into the ground and wear our conspiracy theory hats as long as we damn well please!

A non-Pats fan asked me today why BB wasn't wearing "The Hoodie" in the Indy game... I told him it's because they crank the heat at the RCA to 85 F. :)

Re: CBS owns up

If all this is true, then a simple rerun should be done to confirm this. Since they have "located" the problem, it should be easily replicatable.

By doing this, they will squash once and for all every single question, every single conspiracy theory there is out there, and at once calm the masses and restore all faith in the league and the game.

'Course, that's not really the modus operandi of this particular commissioner....

Re: NFL: No extra crowd noise in RCA dome

That's good to hear. Now explain the ref's :rolleyes:

Maybe you'll see us in January.......................

anyone hear brady today . ? he referred to it as simulated noise. Also kraft seemed upset about it and iam sure he wasnt watching the CBS broadcast.

Officiating was bad, agreed. Hardly the Colts fault. Unless you think Polian paid them off, which sad as it seems, you guys probably do.

And trust me, you'll see us in January.
Yeah, nothing was proven for this game. But the multiple teams who continue to raise the issue over the years are all out to get the Colts. :rolleyes:

As long as Polian is around bullying the league, I guess you just might have a good chance to see us in January.

Now go get a freakin life and post with your own inbred clan of Colts fans.

In an effort to breathe life back into this seemingly dead controversy, I'd like to point out that the NFL didn't say that crowd noise wasn't being piped into the RCA Dome. What they said was that the feedback heard on the broadcast wasn't caused by anything the Colts had done.

Now, will someone puh-leaze blow this thing up again?! I have a serious hankering for controversy, and the best I'm getting these days is T.O. selling hankies on the sidelines.

To answer the previous question: why did the sound drop suddenly?

The crowd noise was passing through a digital processor which obviously had a glitch (or someone fed the processor into itself, which is what it actually sounds like), so the thing either had to be reset and/or pulled out of the mix until the problem resolved itself. Therefore whatever sound was going through it was out of the mix for a while, hence ... lower crowd noise.

It's not a conspiracy. It always seemed a lot more likely to be from CBS than any other source. It was digital feedback most likely, and it's probably just because someone routed something wrong in the heat of the live broadcast. Happens all the time. I've done it myself.

Re: CBS accepts blame foe audio

michael smith on espn...just said it was petty by the pats to bring this up. the pats who had spygate...the terrible field, mauling indy wr's. in otherwords..we should never complain about anything...cause we have those "skeletons" . ok run over the pats..and they will be good boys and just smile. yes master .....bsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Mauling wide receivers. Smith is a ****y. Does he want the NFL to become a sissy sport?

Re: CBS accepts blame foe audio

Why would CBS take responsibility if it were not their fault? Let's move on.

Because it's money talking! And not being totally stupid, they realize what butters their bread.

It only requires a smidgen of cynicism to come to that argument, and absolutely no faith.

You move on to wherever you want. The rest of us will wait until our doubts have been satisfactorily allayed.

It's not like we're evil flying monkeys doing the bidding of the Wicked Witch, especially given past, and recurring, allegations of this particular behavior. We simply want the issue addressed honestly and forthrightly.

In light of our past experiences with the office of Darth Goodell, you'll perhaps excuse us while we wait for something a little more substantive than a statement (!) from CBS, who may well have been leaned on to issue such.

I'm not saying that is the case - I'm just saying anything's possible here. Give it a little time. I'm going to. And then I'll move on, too, after I've been satisfied.

One thing I won't do is move on 'cause you're satisfied!

Isn't it sad how Pats fans react sometimes? I mean, it is obvious that the people in the dome raise the temperature inside, not some scheme to gain an advantage. So it was 84 degrees inside the dome in the AFCCG and only 34 degrees outside? 60,000 people jumping up and down can account for the 50 degree difference.

By the way, how was the weather in Indy yesterday? They must have had the air conditioning cranking in the dome to combat that 100+ degrees of heat. Maybe all that power used by the AC caused the CBS feed to go all screwy.

See...it all make sense when you think about it.

The high was 56 yesterday in Indy.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trav...astweather/USIN0305?from=36hr_topnav_business

Oh sweet. Does that mean this can go away? Only an idiot didn't realize it was CBS, and I'm a little ashamed of my fellow Pats fans on this one.

Oh, pul-eeeze!!!!

Have you told Jonathan Kraft he's an idiot?

as I said all along...nothing to see here...MOVE ON!

... I'd like to point out that the NFL didn't say that crowd noise wasn't being piped into the RCA Dome. What they said was that the feedback heard on the broadcast wasn't caused by anything the Colts had done.

As soon as suspicions arose about recycled noise
i felt sure that the league would jump on that
... as a way to distract attention from the officiating fiasco.

So letting CBS take the fall surprises me.
Perhaps it's even true.

I seem to remember CBS got in trouble a few years ago for piping in bird noises into the Masters, does anyone else remember this? They got found out because some bird expert recognized a bird song that could not be in Georgia. Could this be another case of them trying to up the authenticity of their broadcast?

Regardless of the CBS statement, it is most likely true that noise is enhanced.

That being said, they are on notice.

What really bothered me were the calls last night. What was with that???

It is very hard for a team to overcome bad calls at critical times. Really hard. Just be glad we are good enough to overcome it. Seattle was not.

Now, if things stay the same and the Colts have to come to Foxboro -- no artificial noise, hopefully no bad calls, our house.

Merriman, for us, it is "lights out". January by the way is only a few months away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back