PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS accepts blame for audio [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CBS accepts blame foe audio

michael smith on espn...just said it was petty by the pats to bring this up. the pats who had spygate...the terrible field, mauling indy wr's. in otherwords..we should never complain about anything...cause we have those "skeletons" . ok run over the pats..and they will be good boys and just smile. yes master .....bsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Mauling their WR's.. Is he crazy??? Did he actually watch the game? Actually does he know that in football two players can go for the ball as long as both are looking back?? Something the Ref's missed on the Hobbes incident..

Swept under the rug like we all knew it would be. It's obvious Goodell doesn't want any more issues, especially when the "good guys" get caught cheating.

Oh well, the worm has turned. We're the better team now, even with shady officiating and their little noise machine.

Last edited:

From the article:

It is not the first time the Colts have been accused of enhancing sound at the RCA Dome.

Two seasons ago, the team issued a statement denying speculation on ESPN Radio that they had piped in sound during a Monday night game against Pittsburgh, which the Colts won 26-7.

"We are doing nothing wrong," senior executive vice president Pete Ward told The Star at the time. "We've got the loudest stadium in the league, with the fans naturally providing that sound.''

I have gotten very good at listening to explanations that avoid direct statements, and especially explanations that begin, "I have done nothing wrong..."

I would feel a lot better if Ward just came out and said, "We do not amplify crowd noise," or, "We do not pipe in crowd noise."

He could be pumping in amplified crowd noise by what he said.

Yeah, the stadium is loud. Yeah, and the crowd noise, naturally, comes form the crowd - where else. (We just amplify what the crowd provides. It helps our team a lot. Why do you think last year we were 8-0 at home and 4-4 on the road?)

Sorry, I cannot trust weasel-worded sentences. It smacks too much of trying to deny they cranked up the heat by saying, "There are a lot of bodies putting out a lot of heat in the RCA Dome." Yeah there was, but that also evades the question. The body heat was just not vented as usual, and that combined with hot air escaping from the lips of Pete Ward and Bill Polian, was part of Polian's quest for an unfair advantage. But that's okay. If the Colts hadn't run the heat up, the Pats wouldn't have had the off-season they had and have the team they now have.

Thanks, Bill Polian.

the mauling he was refering to was the against the colts..before the rule change

Re: Sorry guys CBS says it was their fault.

Yeah good question !

I understand how the sound glitch could be the fault of CBS. What I don't understand is how the crowd got so quiet afterwards. I'd love to hear a radio broadcast of the game.

So why did the volume of the crowd noise drop so dramatically so fast? None of the other sounds did.

I understand how the sound glitch could be the fault of CBS. What I don't understand is how the crowd got so quiet afterwards. I'd love to hear a radio broadcast of the game.

d%#*!@t, you beat me.

That absolves the CBS sound abberation thing, but not the fact that a piped in crowd noise issue exists.

And I don't get how, if it was a CBS broadcast glitch, sources from the game heard it. Do they listen to the CBS feed in the owners' box, because Jonathan Kraft certainly knew about it.

Swept under the rug by Goodell who doesn't want "Saint Tony" involved in a scandal.

He told the Colts to stop doing it, CBS, who is essentially a business partner of the NFL, agreed to take the blame.

And I don't get how, if it was a CBS broadcast glitch, sources from the game heard it. Do they listen to the CBS feed in the owners' box, because Jonathan Kraft certainly knew about it.

Obviously Jonathan was following PFT's game blog during the game.

goodell not getting stuck in another "gate" . cbs says it was them...and he tells colts to stop it or next time they will be penalized harshly.
what a surprise !
Where does the article say anything like that?

Not that I am a conspiracy theorist or anything.... I believe that all teams use an edge to be honest.....

However, after you hear the stutter, you cant help but notice how quiet it gets there.... That is what made me wonder. It is almost as if the CD was skipping, so they stopped it completely.....

But I knew that even if it were true, nothing would happen. The NFL LOVE the hype of good and evil.... it just stinks that we are the evil ones I suppose... Like Brady said..... Jealousy....

Actually there two independent issues here. One, were the Colts responsible for the sound glitch heard around the time of the INT via underhanded means which CBS now claims responsibility for? The second independent issue is whether the Colts artificially increased the volume in the dome via piped in sound to influence the game? They may well be innocent of the the first and have some culpability in the second, especially with the admissions of people indirectly involved with the people who may well be responsible, Jeremy Green or accusations of others based on their experiences (Steeler's coach)

Last edited:

No need to say "sorry guys" to us - we won the game.

Why would CBS take responsibility if it were not their fault? Let's move on.

sorry .seems i am not being clear today..probably still high from win...article didnt say that..i am just fantasizing how cover up went...again assuming there is a cover up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots