PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS accepts blame for audio [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/11/cbs_checks_in.html

November 5, 2007
CBS checks in
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

Following up on the crowd noise issue in the RCA Dome, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello passes along the following:

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast. It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 02:19:13 PM

iam interested to hear what kraft complained about.

Last edited:
PFT RumorMill - CBS takes responsibility for sound glitch

It was fun while it lasted. Sorry if this has been posted already, but the time is all wonky, having trouble keeping up.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 2:24 p.m. EST, November 5, 2007
CBS TAKES BLAME FOR SOUND GLITCH

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that CBS has taken responsibility for the bizarre sound glitch that has prompted speculation that the Colts were caught red-handed in the act of piping phony crowd noise into the RCA Dome.

Per Schefter, the vibrating sound as the Pats were driving at the start of the fourth quarter was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck. Schefter says that the sound could not be heard in the stadium.

We've spoken to some radio folks who also believe that the phenomenon was not the result of a glitch during the use of artificial crowd noise.

Oh well. Controversy is a lot juicier. But even when the truth isn't sexy, we've still got to respect it.

Course we all known him to be wrong. I'm still giggling about the Moss to be cut article :singing:

Last edited:
CBS taking blame according to PFT...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

CBS TAKES BLAME FOR SOUND GLITCH

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that CBS has taken responsibility for the bizarre sound glitch that has prompted speculation that the Colts were caught red-handed in the act of piping phony crowd noise into the RCA Dome.

Per Schefter, the vibrating sound as the Pats were driving at the start of the fourth quarter was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck. Schefter says that the sound could not be heard in the stadium.

We've spoken to some radio folks who also believe that the phenomenon was not the result of a glitch during the use of artificial crowd noise.

Oh well. Controversy is a lot juicier. But even when the truth isn't sexy, we've still got to respect it.

CBS accepts blame foe audio

nfl announced, colts are cleared

Re: CBS owns up

I'd still like to know what Kraft complained about as well.

maybe THEY were listening to the cbs broadcast as well...

CBS accepts blame for audio

nfl announced, colts are cleared

Re: CBS accepts blame foe audio

I'm going to go ahead and say this is a cover up.

Two guesses on what Kraft complained about:

1) It had nothing to do with crowd noise and was actually *****ing about the quality of the officiating or something unrelated.

2) He was told about the crowd noise thing by someone who watched it on TV (maybe someone texted him), so he was following up on that.

I go for 1.

btw, it doesn't surprise me it was CBS ... I always maintained that the problem was a lot more likely to be there than anywhere else.

goodell not getting stuck in another "gate" . cbs says it was them...and he tells colts to stop it or next time they will be penalized harshly.
what a surprise !

That was a boring investigation...I wish they at least made 'em sweat a little.

maybe THEY were listening to the cbs broadcast as well...

This seems to be the most likely scenario...workhorse or one of the other Colts posters said in another thread that the owners boxes at the RCA dome are enclosed.

I'm satisfied. :D

Let's not be like the others who attacked the Pats with assumptions ( I'm not talking about the tape ). I don't think we should lower ourselves like most of the fans that came in here talking trash, that would make us trash, like them !

If CBS has accepted responsibility, fine, it's over for me. I'd suggest we all do the same or we're no better then the ones we hate who came in here and the moronic experts who call themselves writers.

People will get their own impressions, let's not forget, the Pats had NO communication between Brady and the OC during the whole game.

michael smith on espn...just said it was petty by the pats to bring this up. the pats who had spygate...the terrible field, mauling indy wr's. in otherwords..we should never complain about anything...cause we have those "skeletons" . ok run over the pats..and they will be good boys and just smile. yes master .....bsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes