PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBA Approval Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA begins Wednesday possibly

Teams can begin to sign their own players once they get them in to report and for physicals, with deals held in abeyance until union recertifies and ratifies. No new league year without recertification.

Litigation will be dismissed is part of settlement owners ratified...

There will be a calendar distributed shortly.

No irrevocable steps can take effect until the union recertifies.

No opt outs on the deal. A full 10 years.

No judicial oversight, disputes resolved via arbitration.

Tags remain in place but there is recalculation for 2011 and can still be used for 3 years.

Salary cap is still essentially the salary cap as we have known it...

Last edited:
FA begins Wednesday possibly

FA might begin Wednesday, but you know damn well that all transactions with "gentlemen deals" will take place starting Saturday. We honestly might have to nickname Wednesday cause we will probably see close to like 500 players signed or traded lol! That will be awesome.

FA might begin Wednesday, but you know damn well that all transactions with "gentlemen deals" will take place starting Saturday. We honestly might have to nickname Wednesday cause we will probably see close to like 500 players signed or traded lol! That will be awesome.

Teams honestly don't have enough time to wait til wednesday

Pretty straight forward on owners part,,,

Willing to get the business of football moving forward as the i's get dotted and t's get crossed....

Hope players or their cousel dont F thing's up...

Last edited:
Teams can begin to sign their own players once they get them in to report and for physicals, with deals held in abeyance until union recertifies and ratifies. No new league year without recertification.

Litigation will be dismissed is part of settlement owners ratified...

There will be a calendar distributed shortly.

No irrevocable steps can take effect until the union recertifies.

No opt outs on the deal. A full 10 years.

6 years of pats championships

gosh I love the Raiders....:rolleyes:

Pash : CBA Approval Status

There are some things that Pash feels they have essentially come to agreement on but cannot finalize until the union recertifies like enhancements in the drug program.

Pash says that they believe and expect they will have a fully ratified agreement on a timely basis. But all of this is dependent on that.

The ball is in De's court.

If players don't vote on it tonite....I wonder how long the Owners give them before locking the gates again?

I'm sure they'll give them a day...but if the players start screwing around, they could be on the outside looking in again.....

They aren't that dumb I hope :confused:

Rookie system is not slotted and will be negotiated within a pool. The old pool was easy to evade. There is an absolute ceiling on $$$ paid and clauses written, fixed lengths, etc. so it's a tightly drawn system as opposed to the old rookie pool.

Mimimum salaries will increase.

I heard earlier today that agent % would drop from 3% to 2% for rookie deals, but no one has asked that question yet...

Last edited:
If players don't vote on it tonite....I wonder how long the Owners give them before locking the gates again?

I'm sure they'll give them a day...but if the players start screwing around, they could be on the outside looking in again.....

They aren't that dumb I hope :confused:

There's gonna be a damn deal.. They wouldn't be having this press conference if they didn't think the players would vote today or tomorrow.

Why do you think Roger talked to smith for 1.5 hours.

One point I missed earlier. UDFA's can be signed beginning Monday. Again, as with a team resigning it's own FA, those deals will be in abeyance until the union has recertified and ratified the agreement.

What reason would the players have for not voting on it tonite????

NOOOOO!!!

Sorry but this is not being well-received by some player leaders

"It puts onus on players to make a decision to agree; paints us into a corner with fans. We'll discuss tonight but the idea of reconstituting as a union as never been a slam dunk as the owners have already assumed."

Another high-ranking NFLPA official: "We are not happy here. We had to honor to not vote on an agreement that was not final (Wednesday). This is not over. This actually takes away incentives from players to vote yes tonight."

Twitter

If they don't approve, what happens? Do fans storm the streets?

There's gonna be a damn deal.. They wouldn't be having this press conference if they didn't think the players would vote today or tomorrow.

Why do you think Roger talked to smith for 1.5 hours.

There were still issues, and there may still be. But you're right, Roger probably ended that call telling De I've done my part and now it's up to you to sell the deal to your guys. Otherwise we've just wasted 128 days of negotiation...and millions in legal fees and we are back at square one and things will change due to time constraints...

NOOOOO!!!

If they don't approve, what happens? Do fans storm the streets?

I think thats when the third sleeping faction would finally wake up, the fans! WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ;)

Heh......I wasn't being a chicken little earlier.....

But I hope the sky isn't falling ;)

Salary cap $120.4M. League minimum cash spending 99% thru 2012, 95% 2013-2020.

LaCanfora still thinks NFLPA will grouse and try to stall for additional resolution of some of their unresolved issues...:bricks:

Rap Sheet just retweeted Football Outsiders guy saying no Hall of Fame game. Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes