PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Phillip Gaines of Rice

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This CB prospect shows remarkable quickness when the ball is in the air, i.e. recovery speed. Seems like he arrives when the ball does and has great hands to break up passes, less so for the interception. He does not look that strong; sort of has a stick figure; I would have injury concerns with this guy, especially on the frozen turf of Gillette, but great speed and quickness:
Phillip Gaines of Rice 2012 Pass Breakups - YouTube

Stelfans has been touting him for months, noting that he is a good coverage guy who is very physical and has high football intelligence. His Combine performance was more the icing on the cake.

He's not going to be ranked #254 at CBS for very long

He's not going to be ranked #254 at CBS for very long

Nope, not after his combine times in the high 4.3's. I have no idea where he will land; second round? But remember that CBs always go higher than expected; teams are desperate for CBs, especially now for the taller ones as Seattle has.

has been touting him for months, noting that he is a good coverage guy who is very physical and has high football intelligence. His Combine performance was more the icing on the cake.

Props for both the comment ~ gotta have Brother Stel's back, there!! :D ~ and for the update on your Quotes. "Disruption is Production" are arguably the most concise and insightful Words I've read, this Season!!
beer.gif

Props for both the comment ~ gotta have Brother Stel's back, there!! :D ~ and for the update on your Quotes. "Disruption is Production" are arguably the most concise and insightful Words I've read, this Season!!
beer.gif

I had to jettison a few choice quotes because it was getting to long, but I kept yours. :youtheman:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back