Welcome to PatsFans.com

CB Kyle Arrington signed to PS; DeAngelo Willingham released from PS

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Mike Reiss (MikeReiss) on Twitter

Arrington was a UDFA with the Eagles last year and bounced around with the Bucs a few weeks ago. He spent most of last season on the Bucs' practice squad.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. Jimke

Jimke Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

The Patriots are still avoiding linebackers like hot potatoes.
  3. aurakilla

aurakilla Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i might be wrong ( hell i usually am) but guyton looked good so thats why i think their doing that.
  4. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 25 / -18

No Jersey Selected

The sound you might be hearing is of wheels spinning.
  5. Laurence Maroney's Dreads

Laurence Maroney's Dreads Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

YouTube - Kyle Arrington- Herc-n-HD

Here is a YouTube link of Arrington's college highlight reel. Arrington was one of Hofstra's best defensive players just a couple years back. Obviously coming out of Hofstra, Arrington never really faced the cream of the crop of D1, or even the midlevel schools, but he looks like he's got a bit of talent to work with - and seems to be an extraordinarily hard hitter for his size. Also seems to have a bit of giddy-up, which is definitely a plus.

I hope he never sniffs Gillette on a Sunday Afternoon - if he does, we've got serious injury problems - but I could see him being a contributor on Special Teams at some point in the future. Now take everything I just said with a grain of salt, because I'm just going by things I've seen of him on YouTube...
  6. Laurence Maroney's Dreads

Laurence Maroney's Dreads Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Who do you suggest they bring in? Brooks? Coax Bruschi out of retirement? We just finished up Week 2 of the season, it's not like elite players are just available for the picking. We have three choices - try to catch lightning in a bottle with UDFAs, bring in someone old and possibly washed up (read: likely washed up) like Bruschi or Seau down the line. I suppose the third option is to trade... but at this point we'd be dealing from a position of desperation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.