Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Looks like Browner is a Saint

qzhbfg9lgfrkmkrt4l4u_normal.jpeg
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 7m 7 minutes ago
Saints closing in on a deal with CB Brandon Browner. "Almost finished," source says.

---------

Thanks for your help getting the ring Brandon. See ya.

I think NO needs more help on D than he can give them...

there goes our D's swagger...

Yet they are dumping all these big time players? Wtf

Back to the days of watching 6'5 WRs dominate our mediocre 5'11 cornerbacks in man coverage.

I still have faith, and believe in Bill 100%, but I am a bit frustrated. Our secondary has gotten a lot weaker in a matter of 2 days. Did anyone see what that unknown 6'5" WR from Seattle did to Arrington and Ryan?

Back to the days of watching 6'5 WRs dominate our mediocre 5'11 cornerbacks in man coverage.

I still have faith, and believe in Bill 100%, but I am a bit frustrated. Our secondary has gotten a lot weaker in a matter of 2 days. Did anyone see what that unknown 6'5" WR from Seattle did to Arrington and Ryan?
You cannot build a team in the NFL without weaknesses.

I don't understand why the Saints signed an expensive, aging situational cornerback to a free agent contract days after effectively blowing up their team. Don't get me wrong, he's the best at the role he plays, but he's really a piece for a top defense to put it over the top, not a foundational piece to build a top defense.

Want to package it with my Revis Jersey?

See i would never get a REvis jersey unless locked up long term...too much just for 1 year...so i got Browner because i was like oh he will be here at least 2 years i will go with it...oops

I don't understand why the Saints signed an expensive, aging situational cornerback to a free agent contract days after effectively blowing up their team. Don't get me wrong, he's the best at the role he plays, but he's really a piece for a top defense to put it over the top, not a foundational piece to build a top defense.

Saints and Eagles have no idea (dolphins too) how to run a team...pretty clear

Yeah told myself I wouldnt get the Revis jersey until he inked longer term.... glad I waited. I really hate zone coverage, Im really going to miss the man 2 man press scheme :(

Exactly, this was complete cluster ****. Didnt sign Browner's and Wilfork's extensions to use the money for revis, and now might lose all 3. Wonder if Earthwind and Ellis Hobbs are available.

Exactly, this was complete cluster ****. Didnt sign Browner's and Wilfork's extensions to use the money for revis, and now might lose all 3. Wonder if Earthwind and Ellis Hobbs are available.
They knew Revis was gone before they let Browner walk, so thats not correct.
Wilfork will be back for less money if they want him back.
Go ahead and cry over Revis, but at least be truthful about it.

Well that is very disappointing. :(

Scavengers picking up our free agents and other free radicals hoping for some Patriots magic to wear off. Like usual.

BB has some changes in mind, we'll see what they are. Maybe a bad ass front seven? Remember we almost won that game against GB, where the plan was to basically give him all day to throw, and count on our secondary to do well enough? The fact that that almost worked, against a top QB in the league, shows just how amazing our secondary was this year. Imagine trying that gameplan using Arrington and company? Ugh.

So, our entire gameplan with teams like GB is going to change now. Most likely back to the bend but don't break. But hopefully with a front seven that can wreak more havoc, give Rodgers 2 seconds instead of 2 minutes.

Gone the min Revis left

Who wants my Browner jersey!?!?!

That's why I started getting knockoff jerseys a few seasons ago, if a player isn't around for long a $25 loss isn't too bad compared to the price of the non-knockoffs. I wonder if he'll miss out on the white house visit for the second straight year now? HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes