PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Antoine Cason articles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
In addition to watching many of these prospects, a huge part of the evaluation process of potential future Pats, is to find articles that may give us a clue as to the player's work ethic, character, etc. Cason is the one CB I feel fits the Pats best. Here are three short articles and pertinent quotes from each:

Arizona's Cason 'shut down the best of the best'
"To win the Thorpe Award in a (passing) conference like we're in, you've got to be a pretty special player,” Stoops said. "You look at the way he's covered people in this league, the way he matches up, he's pretty special. He's shut down the best of the best in this league, and that's not easy to do.”
"He has tremendous intelligence, tremendous instincts and plays very aggressive, but not to the point where he gambles,” Mike Stoops said. "He was a pretty special player for us.”
Character counts

"He does so many phenomenal things away from football," UA coach Mike Stoops said. "You only have to spend a couple of minutes around him to see what a neat kid he is. He always has a smile on his face, very positive and very bright."
"Antoine's like all the great ones. He has a unique blend of talent and charisma that the great ones seem to have. Very humble, too. He was an easy guy to coach because he competed every day in practice and worked hard to get better. He may not be blessed with all the great skills, but he certainly has worked hard to improve."
Thorpe honoree Cason conquers difficult odds

In order to win this year's Jim Thorpe Award, Antoine Cason had to clear three significant hurdles.

But it appeared the Arizona cornerback would be too small, too crippled and — oddly enough — too talented to be tabbed as the nation's top collegiate defensive back. Cason formally received his award Tuesday night during an awards ceremony...

Sounds like a solid guy. That's the first stuff I've actually heard about him. He's supposed to be one of the better CB's in the draft.

Yup, I really think this kid would fit in with the Patriots defensive schemes, and I'd really like to see NE draft him.

Still want Vernon Gholston or Chris Long.
But wouldn't mind trading back up in the second with one of the third round picks.

Still want Vernon Gholston or Chris Long.
But wouldn't mind trading back up in the second with one of the third round picks.

Right. What works for me is to NOT hang my hat on one or two potential prospects, but to explore other options/positions/players. Cason is just one of those options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes