Welcome to PatsFans.com

Caught on tape, Rumsfeld '06: We need another attack

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, May 14, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

At this point, I can't tell if he was dumber than OJ, or just more arrogant. What a complete and utter piece of shyt.

Rumsfeld On 2006 Election:
    "The Correction For That...Is An Attack"

An ongoing exploration of the documents related to the Pentagon's "message force multipliers" program has unearthed a clip of former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld suggesting that America, having voted the Democrats back into Congressional power, could benefit from suffering another terrorist attack, and doing so in the presence of the very same military analysts who went on to provide commentary and analysis of the Iraq War.

As documented by Newsvine, it all went down at a valedictory luncheon Rumsfeld hosted for those analysts on December 12, 2006. Many of the "message force multipliers" named in the original New York Times piece were in attendance, including David L. Grange, Donald W. Sheppard, James Marks, Rick Francona, Wayne Downing, and Robert H. Scales, Jr. They were treated to an extraordinary conversation (Newsvine has highlights, the hour-long clip of which can be found here) with Rumsfeld, that included many jaw-dropping moments, such as Rumsfeld admitting that in Iraq, the U.S. "can't lose militarily, but...can't win by military means alone," an agreement that Iraq could use a Syngman Rhee-type dictator (because that's what democracy smells like!), and a lengthy passage where Rumsfeld jokingly offers a bottle of champagne to anyone who could kill Moqtada al Sadr. You sure don't see too many people joking on al Sadr these days!

But by far the most extraordinary part of this luncheon is the antipathy the gathered members exhibit toward the American people for having the temerity to vote the Democrats back into power. When Lt. Gen. Michael DeLong bemoans the lack of "sympathetic ears" on Capitol Hill, Rumsfeld offers that the American people lack "the maturity to recognize the seriousness of the threats." What's to be done? According to Rumsfeld, "The correction for that, I suppose, is [another] attack."

[​IMG]

DELONG: Politically, what are the challenges because you're not going to have a lot of sympathetic ears up there.

RUMSFELD: That's what I was just going to say. This President's pretty much a victim of success. We haven't had an attack in five years. The perception of the threat is so low in this society that it's not surprising that the behavior pattern reflects a low threat assessment. The same thing's in Europe, there's a low threat perception. The correction for that, I suppose, is an attack. And when that happens, then everyone gets energized for another [inaudible] and it's a shame we don't have the maturity to recognize the seriousness of the threats...the lethality, the carnage, that can be imposed on our society is so real and so present and so serious that you'd think we'd be able to understand it, but as a society, the longer you get away from 9/11, the less...the less...

Anyhow, thanks Donald, for further supporting the theory that 9/11 was a false flag operation.

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +799 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

There was a thread about this a year or so ago. You know that he doesn't mean he actually wants another attack, right ? Or maybe you don't. Wouldn't surprise me.

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Oh, you know what he "means," now, Bush League apologizer? What does he "mean" that's hidden in that sentiment? Please, spin this one in your usual style, if you would.

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +799 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

He just means we need another attack for people to take security seriously again. Doesn't mean he wants one. Sometimes when I'm leaving the house for 15 minutes I don't bother locking it - I probably need to it be broken into for me to take my home security seriously; however I don't want it to happen.

Simple enough for you ?

:bricks:

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

Sounds like an interesting tape thanks for the link.

BTW I agree we would be better off if Mookie assumed room tempature.

6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

I get all my news from the Huffington post too. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. :singing:

Still trying to make that dog hunt I see press :rolleyes:

BF is dead on. Little more needs to be said.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I knew it wouldn't be long before some reactionary drone commented on the source, while ignoring the tape itself. What better candidate than you? Good to see you, PiNY. Patsfans has been spinning for the administration all by himself of late.

I don't need to try. He hunts down and tears Bush Leaguers apart all on his own. But then, Bushies are easy to track down.

Interesting sentiment, considering I never said he "wanted" an attack. I doubt they "wanted" 9/11, but they needed it. Regardless, it's completely inappropriate to say, and only underscores the idea that they've been lying to us since 9/11/01... But then, I suppose that's quite alright to people like you... Ends justifies the means, right?

8. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Who thinks Bush will stage a domestic terror "incident" not long before the election in order to trigger people's conservative fear reflex? :D

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +844 / 27 / -33

I thought that in the last election, along with the capture of bin laden and reduction in fuel costs.. 1 out of 3 ain't that bad.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 5 / -10

RACISM is on the verge of Cannonizing America's First King, when he is Ordained it will be a sight to behold, there will be screaming, Jesus will be praised loud and clear, the faithful starry eyed babbling liberals will be dropping like flys into dead faints, ambulances will be filled with the "worshipers" having strokes and joyful heart attacks, Queen Oprah herself will have a "Public Orgasm" Uncle Teddy Kennedy will masturbate on the steps of the Capital Building as will his Son Patches, in Hollywood famous Movie Stars will be out on Sunset Blvd Copulating and engaging in Oral Sex with anything that moves, Auntie Pelosi will remove her dentures and her clothes and "gang bang" all members of the US Senate, Maxine Waters will appear live on the Today Show, she will remove her underwear and sit on Matt Lauers face, joy and happiness will ring throughout the land, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama PRAISE OBAMA, LONG LIVE MICHELLE, OH THANK YOU GOD.
    :confused::confused::confused:

Then "Rumsfelds Attack" will come, Bush will be blamed.

GOD DAMN AMERICA.

11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So it's okay to post "news" from the Huffington Post but all sites that tilt right are open for ridicule and shouldn't be used as sources? Just to clarify. Thanks.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 5 / -10

HUFFINGTON POST-------------:singing::singing::singing:

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 7 / -3

I didn't listen to the audio, but from the quote, it looks like Rummy (who is no fav of mine) is making a point, and not rooting for us to be attacked. He's simply saying that we haven't been, so people are letting their guard down, and only when the poop hits the fan will people realize they needed to be more attentive.

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 5 / -10

The liberal blame america left wing just can't bring themselves to believe that there are millions of radical Muslim Killers that want all Americans DEAD.

WE WILL BE ATTACKED AGAIN AND THE LIBERAL WILL BE SCREAMING FOR US NOT TO GET EXCITED. THE LIBERAL WILL BE TELLING US NOT TO WAVE OUR FLAGS FOR FEAR OF MAKING THEM MADDER.

IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME AND THE NEXT ONE WILL BE BIGGER THAN 9/11, RUMSFELD IS DEAD ON AND WE ALL KNOW IT, WE ARE LIVING IN OUR LITTLE WORLD OF DENIAL WHILE THE MUSLIM MAKES HIS PLAN.

15. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

Nice...... It's great to see the elitist liberal attitude hasn't dulled any since I've been away ;).

But I suppose I just cling to my opinions, religion and guns, because of my bitterness, huh :rolleyes:

16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

2 things, if he were so inclined why didn't he do that to save the pubbie majrities in congress in '06??? Oil was $56/bbl then. We may get your domestic terror attack, but if we do it will be because Pelosi would let the Fisa law come to a vote blinding our ability to track terrorist communications increasing the possibility of an attack.

17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +844 / 27 / -33

A new wrightie tactic, lets blame someone for something before is happens or before something might happen.. before we know the circumstances or anythng else.. Pelosi should just resign because of what might happen. .

18. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Um, kind of like blaming Bush for a terrorist attack before it happens? Doesn't seem to be only a right-wing tactic...

19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

We monitor terrorist comms, no domestic attacks, now we stop monitoring terrorist comms.....

Do you think it makes no diff if we monitor what the bad guys are saying???

20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +844 / 27 / -33

That is not what I said, read the post before you comment..what you said implied that Pelosi is responsible for something that could happen.. before it happens.. interesting way of looking at things..