Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cato’s Pat Michaels admits 40 percent of funding comes from big oil.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

YouTube - Oil-Funded Pat Michaels Admits Solving Global Warming Is A Problem Of 'Political Acceptability'

6:45 is when this douchebag admits (and I bet its way more) that 40% of his funding comes from big oil.

ZAKARIA: Right. But people say that you’re advocating also for the current petroleum-based industry to stand pat, to stay as it is, and that a lot of your research is funded by these industries.

MICHAELS: Oh, no, no. First of all, what I’m saying is —

ZAKARIA: Well, is your research funded by these industries?

MICHAELS: Not largely. The fact of the matter is —

ZAKARIA: Can I ask you what percentage of your work is funded by the petroleum industry?

MICHAELS: I don’t know. 40 percent? I don’t know.

You remember when all those scientists who said smoking was good for you were paid by the tobacco giants...right?

In an unrealted story, greenalnd is melting, and southeast asia is flooding...totally unrelated....

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +463 / 12 / -14

So what?

1+1 either equals 2 ...or it doesn't. The Global Warming industry has funded using our money the alarmist to the tune of billions to push an agenda.

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

the global warming industry....

interesting.

That powerful loby I've never heard of. Those $billion/quarter profiting multinational global warming industry companies?

wow.

(I assume you are talking about Gore an dthe likes who have invested in clean energy, because they see that as the future....but to assume they are using their money to 'alarm' us from mass floods, tsunamis, oil leaks, power outtages, hurricaines, ice sheets falling off....is kinda awesome, even YOU have to admit that)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  4. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And GE sells a lot of the "green" technology... GE owns NBC... NBC has "green" week and perpetuates the myth, etc. etc. etc.

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +463 / 12 / -14

Do you know who much Goldman Sachs and Wall st are looking to make off cap and trade?

Do you know how much bureaucrats have invest in MMGW to help them gain more control (ie power and revenue from taxes)?

Now I don't normally assail the alarmist on the basis of their funding I would rather focus on their failed computer models and the absence of predictions.

The attack on Michaels is based on his funding since they can't debate the science. This is why the Climtegate emails revealed people who challenged the orthodoxy had their papers spiked.

6. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

HOLY CRAP!!!!

this all coming from a guy who is debating how estimates can change involving finances in a thread he derailed?

NOW you believe ONE guy, whose estimates are certainly paid for, almost half, by the very people he is out to investigate....and you believe his 'science' can't be debated?

your though process is truly magnificent!

please go on!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +463 / 12 / -14

This will be an auction paid for by consumers, you might look up how the scam is structured, here's a hint, the guy who first cam up with the idea for a carbon trading market was Ken Lay of Enron.

;)

8. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

spin away from your contradiction all I care.

How is it that you somehow can see the evil side of carbon credits, al gore, and climate science, yet cant see how an oil company funding the leading man made global warming 'debunkers' is a bunch of bull$#!t?

Its the sam ething, yet you choose to defend the polluters?

PS - You YET AGAIN provide zero links about your so called theories.

9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +463 / 12 / -14

What theory?

Carbon markets being Ken Lay's idea?

Goldman looking to line their pockets?

Big Oil and MAjor US (GE for example) corps lining up to get Green corp welfare for 'alternative' energy? IOW gimmies from middle class taxpayers.

Which links would you like to be educated with oh HD?