Welcome to PatsFans.com

Catholic church lashes out at detractors - Pope has really big balls

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Phokus, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pope will 'not be intimidated by petty gossip' over sex abuse scandals - Telegraph

Yeah, you people speaking bad things about the catholic church and their sex abuse covers? YOU'RE INGRATES

Ugh, i feel like throwing up reading that. Just disband the church and sell off all it's assets.

Remember that debate between atheists and catholics on whether the catholic church was a force for good or not? Yeah, i think we know the answer to that one.
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

More lies from the ultimate liars on the planet. First they want you to believe that he is infallible and chosen by their god himself to be pope. Then they want you to believe that their men in black have some sort of special relationship with said god, and that you can cleanse yourself by telling the priest all of your sins (and please, don't leave out any details!) Then they want you to believe that the HRCC is doing a good job on finding and removing pedophiles and rapists yet only a few have been turned over to the police. Then they want you to believe that there has always been a policy of "zero tolerance" regarding said pedophiliacs. Then they tell their sheep- some of whome were victims of the organized conspiracy- that they are sinners for questioning the mmotives and effectiveness of the HRCC policies.

You're right. Pope's got huge stones.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Not sure how big his stones are probably more like prunes, on second thought maybe raisins..

This is a classic case of deflection from the age old problem of almighty molestation and not doing their job.. I am very familiar with the excesses and innner working of the catholic church, even though they do not want me any more because of my divorce and subsequent remarriage.

Time and time have encountered their excesses and their indescritions, on many different levels.. the problem is in my generation, if we criticized a priest we would have gotten a good slap either from my parents or the their foot soldiers, the nuns or their brothers.

One of my friends got nailed when we went on our annual retreat, and he never recovered.. became a statistic on a government chart at age 27.. may he RIP. At that time he could never tell anyone, as he would either be lying or it would somehow be his fault.

The greatest crimes are often the ones of omission or cover-up, and the church is guilty of this on many levels... they need to rethink their patriarchal method of doing business and stop being a haven for pedophiles.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

There is blog I follow which is written by a gay man who is dying of cancer - he and I have been Internet/poet frienemies for over a decade. He used to be an agnostic but as his death nears he has returned to his childhood faith.

This is something he wrote yesterday -

When I resurfaced, slowly, the Pope was speaking his homily. I did hear all the lines that were deemed news today. I did not think they were very newsworthy. They were simply the shrug of a very old and strong institution, which has known persecution of an infinitely more serious nature in the past. It will take care of the problem incrementally, as it already has for many years. This enrages those who want instant and dramatic action, such as jailing the pontiff. But the church will outlive me, and you, along with critics and defenders yet unborn, for as long as God wills it so.

as if a "shrug" shall suffice.

I was raised Catholic - the whole nine yards - catholic grammar school, a few years of Catholic high school, church and communion every day of the week - confession on every Saturday, stations of the cross during lent, I mean the WHOLE thing. The parish priest used to come play penny poker with my family once a week.

I no longer practice the religion due to some personal "issues," in the past but I suppose, in my heart of hearts, the discipline and the indoctrination will never really leave my soul.

But I cannot adopt the attitude my dying friend seems to have.....a shrug does NOT suffice - nothing will suffice. I have heard the pope "explain" it away with "we followed church law," but that's certainly not a good excuse and it's certainly not sufficient. The Jewish religion says that you follow the laws of the land you are in when it is in regards to civil matters - and sexual abuse of children is surely a civil matter as well as a moral one. And what about God's Law? Is the Catholic Church above even that?

Those who cover up a crime are every bit as guilty as those who commit it - and those who make it possible for the crime to continue, albeit in a different location, are even more guilty. I can accept (in some circumstances) that the actual perpetrator is one sick puppy and possibly unable to fully comprehend the depth and breadth of his transgressions, but when those in power allow him to continue they not only give him the green light to go ahead they actively encourage him to do so.

IMHO, the higher up you are on that chain of command the more guilty you become - and the pope's as high up as you can get. No more "increments" are acceptable. There's no reason for them and it's never justifiable to move slowly when a child's future is at stake.

I realize that a pope has not removed himself from office since Gregory XII in 1407 but maybe it's time.

No, on second thought, there's no maybe about it - it's time.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

Are their any reported cases of little girls being molested----:confused:
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  6. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes there have been.
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Little girls, teenage girls and big girls...
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

You guys are right, read some of this sh!t, they're even abusing the Nuns.
    News Stories about Female Victims of Clergy Sexual Abuse

Don't let you kids or your wife go to church alone, danger lurks in the House Of The Lord.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +200 / 3 / -10

That would be from lack of sex!:D
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

More Religon:
    Imagine getting the kids all dressed up sunday morning and going off to see this sh!t, do we have any Voodoo Churches in America, are they Tax Free-------:confused:

PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) – Dressed in white, shaking decorated gourd rattles and singing praises to "Olorum Papa" (God the Father), several hundred practitioners of Haiti's voodoo religion held a public ceremony on Sunday to honor those killed in the January 12 earthquake.

While several Christian ceremonies have been held to mourn the hundreds of thousands of quake dead, this was the first national commemoration by Haiti's voodoo religion, which has had to defend itself against accusations by some Evangelical preachers that it somehow caused the deadly natural disaster.

The supreme head of Haiti's voodoo religion, Max Beauvoir -- an elderly, bespectacled man dressed in an embroidered white robe and bonnet -- presided over the ceremony in a central Port-au-Prince square. It coincided with the Catholic feast day of Palm Sunday, the start of Easter Holy Week.
    Chanting Haitian voodoo celebrants honor quake dead - Yahoo! News
  11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +602 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Vatican. Always wondered what treasures they have hidden in there. Perhaps the real secret is that Jesus was really satan :gossip: ... or he was both ... :eek: ...
  12. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The funniest thing about the church is how 45 year old virgins insist on counseling young people on marital relations.

Imagine being a 25-30 year old guy. You've dated since you were a teen, looked long and hard, and now you've found the girl of your dreams. To make your and her folks happy and have some nice pictures you want to have the wedding in the church; but the requirement to get that gig is that you listen to an old guy explain how you should go about treating your wife to be for the next 50 years. This is precisely what happens if you try to book a wedding at a Catholic church.
  13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There are some very legitimate criticisms of the Catholic Church contained in this thread. The above post, however, is written by an individual who clearly does not know what he is talking about.
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Yeah, he does.

If you want to get married in The Catholic Church you must take "Marriage Preparation" classes which are held by the priest who is going to perform your wedding ceremony. (We must assume, of course, that the priest counseling you is, in fact, a virgin. He doesn't have to be - he only has to be celibate. I'm sure there are priests who had sex before they became priests and I'm pretty sure there's no law, church or otherwise, against that. Or maybe he's had sex even after he took his vows - although that part would be wrong.) Regardless, 45 year old virgin is not the correct wording. What he would be is a man with absolutely no first hand experience or knowledge of what actually takes place or happens in a marriage.

The following is a list of what you're going to need to go through before the priest will allow your marriage to take place.

Most couples reserve a reception location as much as a year in advance. Before you do that, or contract with a photographer, or think about invitations, or make any other agreements, you need to talk to your parish. Diocesan guidelines say you should do so at least 6-9 months before the time you'd like to get married;

Once you speak with your parish, you'll begin a formal process of marriage preparation..

Preparation for marriage involves a process of discernment, which is meant to be an affirming experience as you become more aware of your readiness to enter Christian married life. This process is meant to help you assess your personal faith and your relational readiness, not to make those judgments for or about you.

The pastor of the parish in which you live or in which you are registered has the responsibility for your marriage preparation (if both are Catholics, most couples will go to the bride's parish, but it is your choice).

Initial interview
    The process begins when you sit down for an initial conversation with the priest or deacon who will be responsible for your marriage preparation, or some other person appointed for this by the pastor of your parish. This shouldn't be done over the phone or with the parish secretary. This is an opportunity for you to get to know one another, to explain the marriage preparation process, to determine that you are free to marry (according to Church law and civil law), and to identify any special needs or requests you may have regarding the wedding (place, long-distance preparation, etc.). You'll be told about the different documents you'll need to provide (recent copies of your baptismal certificates, prenuptial investigation form, any necessary permissions or dispensations, and, if necessary, affidavit of free status, annulment papers, or death certificate of previous spouse).

Faith readiness
    One of the most important aspects of the discernment process is the assessment of your faith readiness. Because the marriage of two baptized Christians is a sacrament, it requires the presence of faith in those who receive it. No two people are at the same place in their journey of faith, however. Through the marriage preparation process, you should be able to better identify and deepen your faith, both as individuals and as a couple.

Marriage readiness
    Another aspect of the discernment process looks at your readiness to marry. While there is no possible way to determine this definitively, there are clear indicators that can predict potential problems or even the eventual failure of the marriage. You'll be asked to complete a premarital inventory such as the PMI Profile or FOCCUS, which will give both of you an opportunity to reflect on your attitudes and your relationship. This isn't a test, but is an aid for you and the priest or deacon to use in highlighting important areas for discussion.

Formational programs
    This part of the marriage preparation process is intended to help you understand better both the human and Christian aspects of marriage, and to introduce you to persons and resources that are available to help strengthen your marriage. Any formational program should include discussion of the following "key elements":

the context of marriage today
    communication and conflict resolution
    the meaning of permanence and ongoing forgiveness
    the requirements of a sacramental marriage
    the role of faith, prayer, and Church in marriage
    the roles, expectations, and responsibilities within marriage
    self-awareness, personal healing and individual growth
    sex and sexuality
    the value of children and responsible parenthood

The priest or deacon will work with you in selecting a formational program that best suits your needs. There are a number of options available in this diocese, including Engaged Encounter, Sponsor Couple Program, Unitas, and Married in the Catholic Church: What Difference Does It Make? When you've completed one of these programs, the priest or deacon will meet with you to discuss the results.

In addition, couples of child-bearing age will be asked to attend either an introductory session or a series of classes on Natural Family Planning (and here).

Getting Married in the Catholic Church
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Used to have friends who took part in this "Marriage Encounter" that is a prequisite for marriage, they stopped as the church always asked for more and more time, and they found the priests weird...

Witnessed to much fraud and deception in the Catholice Church to ever believe that they can be a viable alternative for most.. they had a wake up call, and hit the snooze button.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  16. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Go fu<k yourself Quigon.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

Jesus Christ, please listen to me "STAY AWAY FROM ORGANIZED RELIGON"

"DO NOT LET REVERENDS, PRIESTS, PREACHERS OR ANYBODY ELSE WHO SAYS THEY "SPEAK FOR GOD" INTO YOUR LIFE, THEY DON'T SPEAK FOR GOD THEY USE GOD FOR THEIR OWN SELFISH MURDEING DOMINEERING MONEY GRUBBING AND POLITICAL SH!T.

THE LAST WORDS SPOKEN BY THE 9/11 TERRORISTS BEFORE THEY DIED WERE "PRAISE GOD"

INSANE BRAINWASHED NUTS LET THEIR OWN LITTLE CHILDREN DIE INSTEAD OF TAKING THEM TO A DOCTOR THEY SAY "GOD WILL HEAL"

WELL EDUCATED PROFESSIONL SPORTS FIGURES KNEEL AND PRAY TO THIS GOD BEFORE THEY DO THEIR THING, THEY THINK GOD WATCHES BOXING, FIGURE SKATING AND FOOTBALL.

DRINK VODKA, SIT BY A CAMPFIRE AT 2:00 AM WITH FRIENDS AND SING, THATS WHERE GOD IS.

THE PRESIDENTS PREACHER ONCE SAID
    "GOD DAMN AMERICA"

THE PRESIDENT SAID HE DIDN'T HEAR HIM.........:rofl: