Welcome to PatsFans.com

Castro's Paradise That The Liberals Love

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

It has always boggled my stupid brain why America's Left Wing the Left Wing that is always blubbering about Civil Liberties, Human Rights and all of their other liberal sh!t yet they seem to Adore this Castro Scumbastard, left wing movie stars slobber over him, Fang Face Barbara Walters went down to Cuba and kissed him on the lips and stuck her tongue in his mouth (i'm glad i'm not looney)

Todays News
    Cuban court upholds 2-year sentence for protester
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +203 / 5 / -6

I don't think liberals are fans of Castro, but they regard him perhaps in the same way conservatives regard the Saudi or Kuwaiti governments. To his credit, he's created a relatively egalitarian society that has cleaned up much of the vast corruption that existed prior to him (when Cuba was a playground the wealthy), has developed a medical system that is regarded highly and serves neighboring countries generously, and for many years has interfered less with other South American nation than we have. That said, Cuba appears to be dynastic, there's awful political oppression, and the poverty is too high.

There are many countries worse than Cuba, and some of them are our allies.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Don't forget Cuba's collection of 1950s American cars .... they got thousands. In fact, that's ALL they got. Oh, and an average income of $80 a month. Going to work -- if you can get it -- takes 2 hours to go 2 miles .... and that's using public transportation/ hitchiking. So much to admire .... :rolleyes:

But, you're right, Patters: at least they killed off any and all dissent .... by the tens of thousands. Literally. Just ask the folks in Miami.

:nooo:

//
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

kind of reminds me of incarcerating hard working american folks for wearing stop the war shirts to George Bush rallies... righties love to lock people up for violating the first amendment...
  5. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I literally do nnot know one single person who is a fan of Fidel Castro. That being said, the right cares disproportionately about Castro over other much worse dictators simply because of economic ideology. You have people like Mugabe slaughtering countless people in DRC and for some reason the focus is on people like Hugo Chavez. Just because we don't buy into your imperialist propaganda doesn't mean we are "fans" of despots.
  6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Whatever you do, don't ever admit to being a communist or former communist or any other political ideology that falls outside the spectrum of free speech and thought that the right allows. The first ammendment was a silly one anyway, nothing like the 2nd which was meant to be taken literally in every way.
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

You should check quotes from the Dem progressive caucus in Congress, and Hollywood luminaries like M Moore and O Stone...:rolleyes:
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

Why don't you produce them??.. we await. Not from Moore or Stone, I know it is confusing but they are entertainers, but from the Dem Pro Caucus...
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

Why bother would it make a difference to your opinion?

Would you asknowledge you are wrong?

http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/fidel-castro-black-caucus-trip-cuba

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1920910,00.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21008.html

http://www.wlaj.com/entertainment/care-11155-castro-cuba.html

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/10058
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

Do not believe I was wrong, you post 5 articles.. guess you just googled it and this is what you came up with.. only one has something credible to lend tot his argument.. in the Politico it clearly states that they praise his hospitality.. no mention of praise of Castro..

There are at least two denials from this group about Castro's play for racism.. not sure what you want me to believe, but the information you provided is not inclusive, nor persuasive.

Bottom line is that the Embargo has been in effect for almost 50 years now, and who suffers.. the women and children of Cuba, Castro and his family get what he needs.. the strategy of embargo, has not worked all it has done is drive the poor people poorer.. if there was any common sense, and no pandering to the cuban expatriots this would really help our economy..

The embargo will obviously not topple Castro.. all it has done is hurt those at the bottom.

Bottom line is you are just a lazy azz poster who ingests all the right wants you to...
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009