PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cast your vote for Mike Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan37

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
If you like the man, cast your vote at BSMW.

My apologies to the mods if this was already posted. I just saw it on BSMW this morning.

I voted. he is the best sports writer in town.

He has a great approval rzating on that site....it was like 1232 to 56....can't believe there are 56 people out there who don't like him though

Last edited:
He has a great approval rzating on that site....it was like 1232 to 56....can't believe there are 56 people out there who don't like him though

Yes, I didn't know that BSMW had so many Colts fans reading. Or was it just R*n B*rges clicking 56 times?

Yes, I didn't know that BSMW had so many Colts fans reading. Or was it just R*n B*rges clicking 56 times?
Prior to 2007, there were people who complained that Reiss was in the team's pocket and was insufficiently critical. Perhaps those are the 56, aka the original Belichick lynch mob, crying out for greater objectivity.

After this past year, with most of the national media and a few disenfranchised locals becoming that lynch mob, Reiss and SMY and a very others are our only breath of fresh air.

So please get out the vote!

Last edited:
Who were the 56 morons who disapproved? Tom Casale internet identities perhaps?

Prior to 2007, there were people who complained that Reiss was in the team's pocket and was insufficiently critical. Perhaps those are the 56, aka the original Belichick lynch mob, crying out for greater objectivity.

After this past year, with most of the national media and a few disenfranchised locals becoming that lynch mob, Reiss and SMY and a very others are our only breath of fresh air.

So please get out the vote!

I was joking. If a Pats fan isn't grateful for Mike ("just the facts, sir") Reiss then IMHO he or she is a complete idiot. But perhaps we have 56 idiot fans ...

I casted my vote for him. One thing I always wanted to know (not living in Beantown): is his name pronounced Reese or Rice?

Is there any place we can vote on Tomasse?

I almost never participate in these little polls, but I felt strongly enough to give him my approval.

I voted. he is the best sports writer in town.

Let's see: Felger, Borges, Thomase, Shaughnessy, ... ;)

I was joking. If a Pats fan isn't grateful for Mike ("just the facts, sir") Reiss then IMHO he or she is a complete idiot. But perhaps we have 56 idiot fans ...
Sorry, I'm just too damn serious in the morning. :)

I know the guy's pretty popular among Pats fans, but he's not a very hard-hitting journalist. He works for the Globe, not the Patriots.

I know the guy's pretty popular among Pats fans, but he's not a very hard-hitting journalist. He works for the Globe, not the Patriots.

Its sports you don't have to be hard hitting.

That is one of the things we like about him. He doesn't cover the stupid stuff to much and sticks to the important things like the game itself, the roster, ect...

I don't need my sports reporters acting like they work the beats in washington, always trying to dig up the dirt and being contraian just for the sake of it.

They win that is enough for the reporters to ball wash...if they were not winning and Reis came of as a Patriot supporter maybe things would be a bit different.

You mean he doesn't sensationalize trivia to drum up an audience?

Reiss appears to have one of the most overwhelming positive approval of fifty or so members of the Boston sports media polled. Right now it is 1404 - 60, a 96% approval.

There was no surprise, of course, who had the lowest rating, with a whopping 12% approval rate and 2098 negative votes. Apparently there must be 292 computers at the Herald. It's the only explanation I can come up with for Tomase getting that many positive votes.

There were a few other things I noticed that say a lot about public opinion polls. Almost everybody who covers or announces the Celtics received very high reviews; would the votes have been the same a year ago? Also, probably due in large part to guilt by association, almost everybody associated with the Herald fared very poorly. And nearly every television sports anchor and reporter did not do well, unless they were a blonde female.

Vote cast :D

And we have enough hard-hitting journalists here, and we definitely have enough sensationalists:rolleyes:

The thing with Mike is that when he prints it, you KNOW it's fact. Plus if he became really hard-hitting I'm not so sure he'd have the Pats' ear the way he does. He's one of the inner circle...a Belichicklet! :rofl:

Vote cast :D

And we have enough hard-hitting journalists here, and we definitely have enough sensationalists:rolleyes:

The thing with Mike is that when he prints it, you KNOW it's fact. Plus if he became really hard-hitting I'm not so sure he'd have the Pats' ear the way he does. He's one of the inner circle...a Belichicklet! :rofl:

He'll report things as they are, good or bad. He wont sensationalize or editorialize (beat writers are not supposed to do that), he also will not whitewash.

That is why the organization trusts him, they know they can break news to him and it will be reported, not twisted.

Give me a dozen more like Reiss, please!!

The way some of these Boston writers go after these guys really turns me off. I was watching Shaugnessey and Mazzeroti go after Schilling for about ten seconds on Sports Final on Ch 7 a week or so ago. They were debating whether he is hall of fame material or not, they just tore him apart over mostly non baseball issues with that smug know it all smirk of shaugnessey and fugly face mazz (your all fan boys) , man are those two disgusting and impossible to watch. If thats what the way they want to do it, go for it, but I sure as hell wont be watching hatchet jobs. I love sports, action, stats and the games -- not a/hole writers whining and gossiping as they attack the character of the coaches, owners, athletes and fans.

Hear that Fespn?

Last edited:

He's a reporter, not a columnist.

It's why alot of the Tribunes are going out of business.

Any internet site can give opinions - -that's why Shaughnessy, Felger, etc are a dime a dozen and completely anachronistic today. Only someone with a press pass can give real reporting on facts - - and that's why Reiss has a great future.

The press pass gives access to getting a story. It doesn't give the holder a monopoly on great ANALYSIS.

That's why the soon to be unemployed Thomase (of the Chicoppe/soon to bankrupt Herald) blew it.

Reiss is the best, and it's not close! He got the BB interview when no-one thought there would be one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes