PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel's game vs KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
i didnt watch this game but i heard cris collinsworth say today that he had a decent game but his couple of throws shouldve been frankly picked off ? Were this like easy gimme's or is collinsworth stretching a bit here ? anyone ?

I didn't see any passes where I could say "whew,that was close" but then again we are talking about the Chiefs secondary

If he tries to throw in anywhere near Rhodes or Revis it WILL be picked off - The Jets have a pretty good secondary

Only one throw should've been picked off, IMO. He threw one real low to the defender but luckily he missed it. He was 9-13, hard to say there was a few ones that should've been picked off. More great analysis from the "experts".

FWIW, they aren't completely changing the game plan, although they are adapting it somewhat. As an example--Cassel took 19 of his snaps out of the shotgun; KC took 16 snaps out of the shotgun the entire game, while Brady ran 10 of 15 that way.

There was one that could, maybe should, have been picked off but Cassel was careful with the ball for the most part. Here's a secret for Collinsworth - most QB get away with a pass or two per game that could have been picked off. If Cassel has a bad game this week I'll be the first to say so, but a solid game with a throw or two that he'd like back doesn't make him bad it makes him normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back