PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel Would Rather Play and Lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't quote his answer, he just says it can't be misinterpreted. I think the guy is making crap up.

Sorry, I need to see a direct quote from Cassel before I believe anything other than that this guy is twisting his words around.

He's probably mad because people have been pronouncing his name wrong for ages. Not "castle"..."cass-el" (like Howard Cosell)

Well, if it isn't true, great. If it is, hello Matt Gutierrez, welcome to the 2 spot on the depth chart.

Sorry, I need to see a direct quote from Cassel before I believe anything other than that this guy is twisting his words around.
I'd need to see how the question was asked too. Exact wording, not some conceptual thing like was written in the article.

So apparently Matt Cassel would rather play and lose this week than not play and win. So long, Matt, been nice knowing you.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7736130/Hit-List:-Burress,-Cassel-say-the-strangest-things

That's what I love about a segment of this fan base. They'd rather buy the spin of some low level mediot looking for attention apparently they only way he knows will garner his work some than give a member of this team the benefit of the doubt.

All QB's would rather play. All players would. If he said I could care less if I ever take the field as long as we win, which is about what Sorgi recently did when he extended and then sucked against a pathetic Tennessee team, then it's time to move on 'cause your just taking away a real football players money and opportunity.

I saw Cassell throw that hideous pick 6 live at Dolphin Stadium and Brady had to come off the bench and lead them to a 7th TD of the day. Sorry, Matt, you stink, son, and thanks for keeping me in the Dolphin Stadium sauna for another 1/2 hour.

Nothing wrong with wanting to paly but if I were him I would have just said the obvious I would rather play and win.....

I saw Cassell throw that hideous pick 6 live at Dolphin Stadium and Brady had to come off the bench and lead them to a 7th TD of the day. Sorry, Matt, you stink, son, and thanks for keeping me in the Dolphin Stadium sauna for another 1/2 hour.

Yeah, I judge a player on one throw too. Always a good strategy.

I see nothing wrong with what he said. He's not saying he wishes he loses or that Brady is hurt. He's only saying that he'd like to play football. After all, isn't that why he's there?

FWIW, Kevin Hench is about as big a Boston ball-washer as there is out there. 'Though I'm assuming Cassel didn't quite mean it that way.

FWIW, Kevin Hench is about as big a Boston ball-washer as there is out there. 'Though I'm assuming Cassel didn't quite mean it that way.

I have no real problem believing the Cassel thing, simply because Hench is a generally well-informed writer who wears his Boston bias on his sleeve. He's not going to make something up to make a player on one of his teams look stupid.

I think some of us fans almost can't comprehend that a current Patriot might be a dumbass.

I have no real problem believing the Cassel thing, simply because Hench is a generally well-informed writer who wears his Boston bias on his sleeve. He's not going to make something up to make a player on one of his teams look stupid.

I think some of us fans almost can't comprehend that a current Patriot might be a dumbass.

Bingo. Cue Troy Brown.

Sorry but I agree with his sentiment, as an X-player in college I played on a Div3 championship team but never saw the field (I was a frosh) we only lost one game. It sucked. I transfered the next year and started for a team that only one 3 games but its was better to play and loose than ride pine and win. I think any player will tell you this, might seem odd from a fan perspective but no player would admit sitting and winning is better than playing and losing its not even close.

He also said this......................

3. Ellis Hobbs
Thomas Hobbes said, "Life is brutish and short." Ellis Hobbs said (paraphrasing), "Who you calling short, (blanky-blanker)?" Maybe there was a better way to phrase it, but however I asked Ellis Hobbs about the challenges of covering the 6-foot-5 Burress, all he heard was, "Damn, you're short." At first I felt bad as he launched into a rant about how much of a better chance he stood of covering Burress than I did, but then it hit me that this was not a guy brimming with confidence. If you have to point out that you're a better cover corner than the four-eyed goofball asking the (apparently) impertinent question, well, you must be having some bad visions of No. 17 haunting your dreams. Hobbs seems a little psyched out and maybe with good reason. Burress physically abused him for a 52-yard gain on the Giants' second play from scrimmage in Week 17, even though Hobbs had perfect position. Manning threw a jump ball and, well, the taller guy went up and snagged it.

Boston ball washer or not, he's trolling for controversy. Hobbs ha never lacked confidence or been afraid of anyone.

Anybody see the ESPN cutup on Brady and his "shoulder-injury".

featuring light saying 'you mean marshmellow man' saying TB is so injury prone he can't get off the injury report.

They had a piece of it with Cassel where he is going ' every week they build my hopes up with the injury report, just to break my heart every Sunday'.

Maybe this reporter got to Cassel right after they got done with the ESPN comedy bit and he was just continuing the joke. But the reporter didn't get it.

He also said this......................

3. Ellis Hobbs
Thomas Hobbes said, "Life is brutish and short." Ellis Hobbs said (paraphrasing), "Who you calling short, (blanky-blanker)?" Maybe there was a better way to phrase it, but however I asked Ellis Hobbs about the challenges of covering the 6-foot-5 Burress, all he heard was, "Damn, you're short." At first I felt bad as he launched into a rant about how much of a better chance he stood of covering Burress than I did, but then it hit me that this was not a guy brimming with confidence. If you have to point out that you're a better cover corner than the four-eyed goofball asking the (apparently) impertinent question, well, you must be having some bad visions of No. 17 haunting your dreams. Hobbs seems a little psyched out and maybe with good reason. Burress physically abused him for a 52-yard gain on the Giants' second play from scrimmage in Week 17, even though Hobbs had perfect position. Manning threw a jump ball and, well, the taller guy went up and snagged it.

Boston ball washer or not, he's trolling for controversy. Hobbs ha never lacked confidence or been afraid of anyone.

You're wrong. Hench took that the right way; Hobbs does appear to be getting a little nervous. And Burress did make him look stupid on that play.

Sorry but I agree with his sentiment, as an X-player in college I played on a Div3 championship team but never saw the field (I was a frosh) we only lost one game. It sucked. I transfered the next year and started for a team that only one 3 games but its was better to play and loose than ride pine and win. I think any player will tell you this, might seem odd from a fan perspective but no player would admit sitting and winning is better than playing and losing its not even close.

Agreed. I'm amazed and impressed by players that get abused on scout team for 2, 3, 4 years. They must really love football to put up with all that **** and never play.

You're wrong. Hench took that the right way; Hobbs does appear to be getting a little nervous. And Burress did make him look stupid on that play.

He was in perfect position. I don't know how that makes him "look stupid."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing