PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel will take us to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly believe that the Pats will win the AFC east and Cassel will carry them into the playoffs.

we aren't just Tom Brady fans, we are Pats fans. It's about time some people on this site started acting like it.

I honestly believe that the Pats will win the AFC east and Cassel will carry them into the playoffs.

we aren't just Tom Brady fans, we are Pats fans. It's about time some people on this site started acting like it.

well said Keegs, well said

very well said!!

This forum is the medicine I've been needing all day. :)

I'm hoping our D can really step it up this year( and we don't have too far to go) ala the SB winning Bucs team that was headed by Trent Dilfer. Cassel reminds me alot of the Dill, who's job it was to run a conservative playcalling offense and let the D win the damn thing for 'em, which he did successfully, btw. Let's face it , defense wins championships and we have one of, if not the best D in the NFL.

Of the 22 starters post-injury, 10 are among the best in the game at their respective positions. (2 WRs, 3 Pro Bowler OL, 3 DL, 2 OLBs). Deltha O'Neal has the potential to bounce back and make it an 11th. Mayo has the potential to pull a Patrick Willis and make it a 12th before the playoffs start.

I understand the emotion, but I fail to see any logic behind the gloom and doom.

Aqui me voy a lavar la ropa, y cocinar las chuletas. Pero nada mas.

Bring back Bishop already! It's his time to shine! BRING BACK MICHAEL!!!

:mad:

I am all for supporting our team and cassel..

But it was one game, I need to see him play in more than one game and against good competition to feel comfortable with his play.

By the way, I've been a Cassell non-fan ever since I met the guy. He was just too complacent as a bench-warmer.

I hope that was just his way of dealing with frustration, and that he proves me wrong about him. The KC game was a good first step in that.

Last edited:

Best post I've read today.

Cassel will do fine, but he will show me something if he does well next week in a hostile territory..

Wait a second...Is there any place with folks more hostile towards Cassel than the razor? It was full of people who thinks he sucks and thought he should be cut.

So for all of the Cassell haters out there, do you think that the fans were all waiting for Brady to take over from Bledsoe? There was no way we could win without Drew, and who was that Brady kid anyway... many were upset we let Zolak go and didn't have a solid back-up. I guess the popular belief that we were finished was a bit premature.

So Matt hasn't started much, that means he is fresh and ready to prove something. He knows the system and has great supporting players.

There is no reason to believe that anyone else from the AFC East will capture the title this year. Will be a competitive year, however.

10++char. :ditto::agree::yeahthat:

from there I am not sure...

But football is a TEAM game, and there is no TOM, or BRADY in TEAM...

we lost our best player overall, but that does not mean we are crap without him...

and no QB that is brought in, will learn the system, and create connections with the recievers fast enough to replace Cassel...

Cassel will live up to the task...we will not go undefeated...but we will never get blown out, and we will make the playoffs (most likely by winning the division)...

We know nothing as what happens with Brady right now...but I am confident that this TEAM, can bring us to the playoffs...after that, anything can happen...

with Brady not in the lineup, this Team will rise to the challenge...every single player will study that much harder, theyll practice that much harder, and they will play that much harder...This is the PATRIOTS....they are NOT a one man team, they are the best TEAM the sportsworld has seen in the last decade if not ever

Our offense will be fine...we will have a running game for the record books, and our recievers will bale our backup QB out on more then one occasion...

but we will win more then any other reason b/c of of defense...I think this year (it might take 2 or 3 games) this defense will break records...records which have stood a VERY long time...

BELIEVE IN NOW

and speedy recovery to our own Tom Brady, greatest QB to ever play in the NFL (and may you be back by the playoffs)

That is exactly how true fans should feel!!!! Believe in the team, as they believe in themselves. Do you think any of the remaining 52 + PS players are going around whoa is us, we're doomed??? Hell no, they are planning for next weeks opponent and nothing else......This team has shown they can circle the wagons better than any other team.......

The talk of the Patriot's demise is greatly exaggerated!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes